Author Topic: Should my 10 MO Be Waking for a Midnight Feeding?!  (Read 1116 times)

Offline raquelatx

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Should my 10 MO Be Waking for a Midnight Feeding?!
« on: June 08, 2012, 17:14:24 pm »
My LO is on a pretty good Easy schedule, I think, but she consistantly wakes around 12:300ish AM for a full 7 oz bottle and then again around 5am for a 4 oz bottle and then wakes for good around 8am.

Is this normal? I'm confused because the fact that she's awake while she's eating and has no problem settling back to sleep after a full tummy, makes me think the bottle is not a prop. Could she really be hungry?

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: Should my 10 MO Be Waking for a Midnight Feeding?!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 20:37:10 pm »
At 10 months old she doesn't need that bottle. It is a prop really in the sense that she has learnt to have a full tummy to get back to sleep, the 5.30am bottle is the same really - she should be going longer than 4.5 hours at this age. I would start reducing the first bottle by 1oz every 3 nights to gradually reduce the amount in her tummy, when it gets down to a couple of oz you can just offer water and resettle. You can do the same with the 5am bottle or just resettle her until a time you want to be her wake up time.

We did this with my DD at 8 months, she didn't have a DF and was eating well during the day so those night calories aren't needed. She didn't like it when we just offered water but she stopped waking after a couple of nights. We treated every waking before 6am as a nightwake and resettled without feeding, after 6am was ok for a wake up time.

What do you think?

Laura

Offline raquelatx

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Should my 10 MO Be Waking for a Midnight Feeding?!
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 12:16:01 pm »
i've been trying and starting from a 7oz bottle, it'll be few nights to lessen ounce by ounce... :)  right now, we're at 5oz, but she's still waking, like clockwork, for both of those bottles!! i'll let you know how it goes.