Author Topic: 16 week old not taking first feed of the morning?!  (Read 1363 times)

Offline 1tamara1

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
16 week old not taking first feed of the morning?!
« on: June 11, 2012, 09:01:35 am »
Hi, my LO is 16 weeks and has always been a pretty good night sleeper, our days not so good. Anyway we are already on a 4 hour EASY due to his large size, i tried to move him to 3.5 but he just wasn't interested. Anyway for probably the last week or so, maybe longer, he has been refusing his first feed of the morning at 7am and it puts the whole day out as we end up trying to feed and then he ends up feeding just before he sleeps, a habit I don't want to get him into.

Our EASY is as follows, well as much as possible.

7am wake and try to feed
8.45 sleep
11am wake and feed
12.45 sleep
3pm sometimes wakes before this but we feed always at 3
6pm feed and bath etc
7pm bed
10pm dream feed
4-4.30 wakes for feed
Will sleep for 45 and then unsettled until 7am when we start over again.
So I am wondering if he isn't needing that 4.30 feed as it definitely affects his 7am feed. Any suggestion on what we can do??

I hope this is in the right area and not in EASY forum, anyway thank you in advance for your help, have found such useful and great feedback on this site :)

Offline RachelC

• Girl Scout Extraordinaire
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 865
Re: 16 week old not taking first feed of the morning?!
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 01:52:42 am »
How much is he taking at the night feed?

I do wonder if you push the A times a bit to 2 hours if the NW might dwindle... perhaps the unsettled bit after the feed is due to being a bit undertired.  His last A time is really long, is he still catnapping?

Proud to have breastfed for a combined total of 35 months

Offline 1tamara1

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: 16 week old not taking first feed of the morning?!
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 03:27:26 am »
sorry I forgot to add in there that he has a nap of half an hour at around 4pm to get him through to bedtime. I will try increasing his awake times to see if that helps, he always gets fussy but maybe if I tone down what we do or walk around the garden something a little less stimulating. Sorry to answer your question, he is taking a full feed at night time but am trying to cut it back. Last night he woke at 3.30 we gave him a smaller bottle, he didnt drink it all and then he woke at 7am had some of his bottle but not the whole thing but at least its a start. Today he is only sleeping 20 minutes at a time but i think he may be coming down with a cold urghhh so it all starts again :-) thank you for your reply