Author Topic: 11 month old EW  (Read 788 times)

Offline Miamamma

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
11 month old EW
« on: June 11, 2012, 15:09:21 pm »
Hi ladies. I have been enjoying my LO sttn for a month now (finally!  ;D) However, she has started EW and I wondered if you could see if our EASY needs tweaking please? (feel free to move to easy board if you think this should be there)

The last couple of days have looked like this:
Wake up: 5:15 (used to be around 6:00)
Am nap: 9:45-11:25
Pm nap: 3:30 - 4:00
Bedtime: 7:15

In the morning she used to wake really happy but is a bit grizzly now. I have tried to feed her and resettle but she's raring to go and happy after her bf. She goes to sleep independently although i do sit in the room whilst she settles sometimes. She is cutting her top two teeth at the moment so could this be the culprit? They are giving her trouble during the day on and off. Any ideas on how I can get those precious minutes back in the morning please? Thanks

Offline katie80

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 220
Re: 11 month old EW
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 23:58:55 pm »
She is cutting her top two teeth at the moment so could this be the culprit?
Yes, definitely. Both my kids, my DD more so (DS just wakes off and on all night long :P), have been prone to EWs with teething.  It's like they notice they are uncomfortable when they come into that light sleep in the wee hours and then just wake up.  I'd rule this out before doing any kind of EASY tweaking. Are you giving meds at all? I've never done it, but I know several ladies here give a dream med, kind of like a dream feed. They go in at around 3/3:30 am and give LO meds without fully waking her up. That way, she hopefully sleeps through that EW. I think it's worth a try.

Routine-wise, you mentioned she's been sleeping through for about a month. Has it been on the routine you posted (starting at 6, of course)?  And for the last few days, she's been making it from 5:15 til 9:45 for a nap? 

Offline Miamamma

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 07:26:30 am »
Thanks for your reply Katie. She woke again at 5:15 this morning, had a little moan and then sleep restlessly until 6:20. So I think you are right about it being teeth as she was up and down moaning for an hour but needed the sleep iykwim. I gave meds at bedtime for a few nights but have stopped now. I hadn't thought about giving them in the early morning, although I would be afraid that she wouldn't go back to sleep tbh. I'm hoping that the second top tooth will fully appear soon and things will settle down.
Yes she has been sttn with roughly a 4hr A time to begin with and a 1.5 hr AM nap. The pm nap used to be 1.5 hr too but when the A times increased I cut it back (not enough hours in the day!) It can be anything from 30 mins-1hr now. The last few days I pushed the A time further in case that was the reason for the EW. She seemed to cope with it fine which makes me wonder whether I should keep it that long?

Offline katie80

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 220
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 18:33:07 pm »
I hadn't thought about giving them in the early morning, although I would be afraid that she wouldn't go back to sleep tbh.
Yes, this is why I never gave them, but so many people seem to benefit from it, I always think it's worth mentioning.

She seemed to cope with it fine which makes me wonder whether I should keep it that long?
Yeah, I'm thinking if she makes it back to a decent wake, keep that morning A around 4 hr.  I don't know if you wake her at 1.5 hr, but it's fine to let her sleep up to 2 hr for that nap if you'd like, so she's used to getting that one long sleep.  Then, do the 30 min CN when appropriate.  I think her CN could end as late as 4:30 pm without having to change bedtime.  It seemed a tad late to me in the original routine you posted.