Author Topic: 18 month sleep regression support thread - Part 2  (Read 82901 times)

Offline Mattsmummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 37
Re: 18 month sleep regression support thread - Part 2
« Reply #135 on: February 04, 2013, 19:52:52 pm »
yes recipe for disaster sleeping...I guess all I can do is whatever needs to be done...I live in hope of one day sleeping past 6am...one day...
Will try for ebt tonight and see how we get on...
Thanks!
"But the fighter still remains"

Offline londonlady

• Showing Appreciation 18
« Reply #136 on: February 04, 2013, 22:23:43 pm »
Lots of luck Mattsmummy, hope the ebt helps ease things a bit. Hang in there... the cold can't last forever, and those pesky teeth will make their way through soon.

Sofia's also had a big leap in her language these past 6 weeks or so. I have been keeping my little list of words (as I did with Max) and she's getting on for nearly 100 words, all pretty clear (well, I know what a "nee naw" and a "pider" are!) I have another little chatterbox on my hands. :)

Rach. x

Offline Tecike

• Showing Appreciation 8
  • My little guys...
« Reply #137 on: February 05, 2013, 10:56:12 am »
Hi ladies!

So, we're here! I think we hit this regression a couple weeks ago, I just wasn't aware of it...  :-[
And I find it all so strange...so here's the story: 2 weeks ago V started having NWs. First I thought he was teething (he's a late teether and he's been constantly teething for months now...  ::) ), but then it never got better, so I guess it's the regression - if strange NWs can be the only sign of it?????   ???
I mean, he doesn't fight naps or BT, he goes down easily, naps well (around 1.5 hrs) and his NWs are not consistent at all. There are times when he calls out for me and settles with a back rub only, other times he screams his head off and has to be picked up, other times he's just whimpering unable to settle for ages (his record was 2 hrs!). There are some nights when he's up once, or nights like yesterday when he was up 5 times!

So, what do you reckon? Is it the regression, or something else?  ???

Sorry, don't have time to read back, have to go to work soon....

Offline Mattsmummy

« Reply #138 on: February 05, 2013, 13:49:34 pm »
Sounds like it to me...same thing in my house...very inconsistent NW's - all over the map right now.

Hang in there and check back as others will post their thoughts too...

Offline londonlady

« Reply #139 on: February 05, 2013, 14:07:53 pm »
We had a combination of both Tecike - NWs and then resistence about going to bed (naps were generally ok for settling but often shorter than before.)  We are now just battling with the extended settling for bed.

Sounds like it probably is regression that V has...! I am now using it as my catch all explanation - after teething, growth spurts etc...! :)

Offline katie80

• Showing Appreciation 220
« Reply #140 on: February 05, 2013, 19:45:25 pm »
To be fair, she is having a massive mummy phase (is that happening with anyone else??)
Yes, we are having that right now too.  "Mama, mama, mama" is pretty constant.  It can be tough at times, but it's a bit nice after hearing "Da, dada, da" for quite some time. ;)

I am now using it as my catch all explanation - after teething, growth spurts etc...! :)
Ha, yeah, there has to be something to blame after all that other stuff! :P 

(((Hugs))), ladies, we're riding it out too. 

Offline Mattsmummy

« Reply #141 on: February 07, 2013, 19:03:05 pm »
ugh...these NW and EW are just wearing me down...
What should I be doing at the EW - he is WIDE awake come 5:00am...and won't resettle even with sitting with me in the rocking chair...
He is taking ages to go down for bt, so even a 5:45 bt becomes 6:30-6:45 and then up through the night and up early...

He must be massively OT but just won't sleep...He took a short 15 minute catnap on the way to nursery this morning so I know he's tired he just fights it...

Last night he was in his crib for 5:45, fell asleep at 6:40
NW at 12:30
NW at 2:45
NW at 4:10 - settled himself I didn't have to go in
UP at 5:11 am... :-\

Lord give me strength...

Offline londonlady

« Reply #142 on: February 07, 2013, 21:48:38 pm »
Oh Mattsmummy that is rough!
How far are you into this? If it's any comfort (and I have no idea if what we had is standard - are there any averages with babies lol??) our NWs lasted a couple of weeks, and seem to now be mainly left with BT resistence but that isn't every night now. I'm hoping you are through the worst of it, you must be exhausted! :(
I don't really have any advice other than to check for teeth, medicate for pain if you need to, and basically hang in there... xx

Offline katie80

• Showing Appreciation 220
« Reply #143 on: February 08, 2013, 03:48:44 am »
I don't really have any advice other than to check for teeth, medicate for pain if you need to, and basically hang in there... xx
Me neither... (((hugs))) hon, that sounds rough! :(

Offline Mattsmummy

« Reply #144 on: February 08, 2013, 13:54:37 pm »
thanks for the hugs!
We are about 2 weeks into this nightmare...

I had him in his crib asleep last night for 5:45pm...he was up 5x before midnight and then slept until 5:00 on the dot.

The NW were very quick resettle so I don't think he lost too much sleep. So all in around 11 1/4 hours sleep.

So, what should I do about BT? He took a short catnap on the way to nursery again this morning, about 15 minutes. Nap will be around 12:15/12:30.  His naps are getting erratic too...he did 1 hour 15 yesterday and 1 hour 45 day before.

Should I aim for an early bt again?

Any one have any luck with set nap/BT?  His nap is set at 12:15/12:30 but his BT have been all over as I try and tackle this...thinking maybe I should set it at same time every night and gradually move it later???

Offline *Becky*

• Showing Appreciation 255
« Reply #145 on: February 09, 2013, 12:57:28 pm »
yk what - I think I would set everything at this point. I know your nap time is set and so his am A is monster!! I would set BT for about 6pm and then work on slowly pushing the day forward if you can. Hugs x

Henry James and Martha Rose - my spirited pair!

Offline londonlady

« Reply #146 on: February 09, 2013, 19:57:05 pm »
We tend to work to a pretty set routine really, maybe a little more relaxed at weekends if she has been up significantly earlier, but generally it's nap at 12.30/12.45pm for as long as she'll go but usually no more than 2hrs, and then BT is around 8pm. I'd love her to be down earlier, and have started the wind down process earlier but still find she won't settle til about 8pm, or later if she's on one her weird nights.

Really hope you are nearly out of the woods with this Mattsmummy. xxx

Poor Sofia isn't very well today. Running a temp and very quiet. She perks up after some ibuprofen kicks in, and has managed to eat, but is really not herself. Looks like the usual teething signs to me, just not 100% sure as I can't feel anything at the back where her 2yr molars would be... Her canines are through at the bottom and pushing through at the top... Think we're in for a rough night tonight. :(

Rach. x

Offline Tecike

• Showing Appreciation 8
  • My little guys...
« Reply #147 on: February 11, 2013, 10:10:23 am »
Oh, poor S! {{{hugs}}} to both of you! Hope you had a good night!

So, it looks like V was just waiting for me to complain and post - since I posted about his NWs, things started getting better and for the past 3 days, he's been STTN again!  ;D So now I'm totally confused - it might be it wasn't regression at all, but teething  ??? He cut an upper canine, so that might have done the whole NW thing...  :-\

Anyway, I hope I haven't just jinxed it and we conitnue having good nights!  ;D

Offline *Becky*

• Showing Appreciation 255
« Reply #148 on: February 11, 2013, 12:30:33 pm »
good news Tecike :)

We are having such a rough time, I have no idea what to do with her. Last night was better in that she woke twice but one time she sorted herself out and another time DH was not up for long but she only did 11 hours and was tired today - then we got crying at nap time. I just have no clue anymore. I can't help but think it is canine behaviour but they are not there!!

Henry James and Martha Rose - my spirited pair!

Offline Tecike

• Showing Appreciation 8
  • My little guys...
« Reply #149 on: February 11, 2013, 12:43:41 pm »
Somebody somewhere once said that canines hurt long before they actually appear... so it might as well be that! I feel so sorry for you... {{{hugs}}} and hope it passes soon!  :-*