Author Topic: 18 month sleep regression support thread - Part 2  (Read 83605 times)

Offline anna*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 900
  • My two
Re: 18 month sleep regression support thread - Part 2
« Reply #165 on: March 01, 2013, 13:14:12 pm »
MM would you consider putting him back in a crib?

Offline oneplusone

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #166 on: March 01, 2013, 13:16:11 pm »
2 seems pretty young to grasp that concept. I didn't think it would be so young. I'm glad it worked well for you.
DS grumpy since 2011
DD textbook since 2014

Offline katie80

• Showing Appreciation 220
« Reply #167 on: March 01, 2013, 13:50:17 pm »
FWIW, we had really good success with the gro-clock at 2 as well.  It took her until about 2.5 to actually start rolling over and sleeping til wake-up, but before that she would at least stay in her crib without us until wake-up.  It wasn't until her molars were done that she started 'sleeping in' (7am, LOL).

(((Hugs))) MM, I was wondering if you'd be willing to go back to the crib too.  I can't imagine G in a BBB right now, but I do know some people manage to pull it off at 18mo.  I'd just rather limit the possibilities for sleep disruption as much as possible.  Good luck for being back at work!

Offline MommyMoulton

• Showing Appreciation 12
  • Kiss Anyone?
« Reply #168 on: March 01, 2013, 16:39:07 pm »
He has been in a BBB since 16months. And I will not go back to a crib as I just don't see the point. He's only been getting out for about 2 weeks. He knows he needs to stay in bed as he runs back and gets un when he hears my slippers on the floor.

I think it may be some SA going on as DH is back in school and gone for days on end. On day when DH has been home to play with him for a bit there are far less battles.
Melissa

Offline anna*

• My two
« Reply #169 on: March 01, 2013, 16:46:26 pm »
Fair enough, I just feel it may be exacerbating the problems you're having right now.

Offline londonlady

• Showing Appreciation 18
« Reply #170 on: March 01, 2013, 22:13:59 pm »
MM - hey there! Sorry things are tough with the BT / Nap refusal. Hoping it's just a phase for you and things get back on track again.

I was wondering about routine at this age and the day time / night time sleep thing - so the last few posts have answered that before I needed to ask!  We're pretty much on the routine Becky suggested for Eddie, WU 7am, Nap 1-3pm or thereabouts, BT 8pm.

The BT is a bit late for my liking, it means DH and I aren't able to cook and settle down for the evening til really late on the days I'm at work. I might think about cutting her nap back a bit after our holiday in a few months time - or I guess it might reduce naturally anyway in that period.

We've had a few odd NWs but accompanied by even more teething symptoms and now she has caught a cold (first one for ages so can't complain really.) So am expecting more disturbed sleep while she gets through that... Honestly, we barely had any NWs from Max after he started sleeping through (other than when he was really unwell.) We had no idea how lucky we were!! Lol.

How is everyone else doing??
1+1 hope you're through the time change transition. Where did you travel to?

Rach. x

Offline oneplusone

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #171 on: March 03, 2013, 15:20:05 pm »
MM- hope it's better now. Can't imagine 2 under 2!

Rach - yup were over the time change. We went to Hawaii. It was beautiful!
DS grumpy since 2011
DD textbook since 2014

Offline londonlady

• Showing Appreciation 18
« Reply #172 on: March 03, 2013, 20:56:21 pm »
Ah fabulous!! That must have been amazing, and well worth the transition back again.

Sleep has gone a bit wonky again. She's still messing around now at 9pm. And we had a horrible NW last night. Sofia was yelling out for us, but then has taken to throwing herself around her cot in a real temper and keeps whacking her head. Took about 30 mins to resettle her. Pretty sure it's teeth, as it seems to come in phases rather than be continuous. Either way, I'd be happy if these 4 molars just appear ASAP as I really don't want a repeat of last year when she cut 4 premolars on holiday.

R. x

Offline *Becky*

• Showing Appreciation 255
« Reply #173 on: March 04, 2013, 07:02:24 am »
goodness me we are in a mess. How long is this regression supposed to last? I think it must be teeth here too but uggh....not fun :(
I don't think it is routine in our case.

Henry James and Martha Rose - my spirited pair!

Offline anna*

• My two
« Reply #174 on: March 04, 2013, 09:00:17 am »
I think the regression can last a good couple of months...

Offline *Becky*

« Reply #175 on: March 04, 2013, 09:35:42 am »
ok, maybe it is just that then. On the up side I managed to settle her last night :)
She has only been settling for DH recently and just gets beside herself if I am in the room.

Offline katie80

• Showing Appreciation 220
« Reply #176 on: March 04, 2013, 18:52:45 pm »
Agh, (((hugs))) ladies.  I've heard it can last awhile too.  We're struggling a bit as well, but just kind of managing.

I'm also thinking 2yr molars are on the move.  He seems to get OT a bit easier in the last couple weeks, is shoving his hand way back there often during the day, and has got the drool going on again.

We leave on Sat for a week with a 2hr time change and I'm a bit nervous.  Hopefully, we'll get enough sleep to enjoy ourselves. 

1+1, wow Hawaii, totally worth the 3:30am wake-ups, huh?!?  I so want to go someday (soon!). :D

Offline oneplusone

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #177 on: March 04, 2013, 19:04:10 pm »
Katie - we took turns getting up. Yup so worth it and kid friendly :)
DS grumpy since 2011
DD textbook since 2014

Offline MommyMoulton

• Showing Appreciation 12
  • Kiss Anyone?
« Reply #178 on: March 04, 2013, 19:55:41 pm »
Rach- I feel the same about a late BT..... I love my evenings with DH. So I have shortened Eddies nap by about 15min, and I make sure we do something to burn off alot of energy in the afternoon. It seems to have helped. Im still waiting on 4 canines and 2 front teeth... good luck with 2yr molars!

ugh 330am wake ups.... I think Hawaii will be a trip sans LOs. Glad it went well for yout 1+1

WE seem to be doing ok here... Eddie is still sort of refusing nap/BT... but if we stand outside the door with it adjar just and 1/2" when he looks like he will get out of bed we just "shush" from outside the room. We do this until he is calm and in bed. it has been working for the past 4-5 days. So we will just stick with it. I have also cut back his nap by 15min. Our routine is this now:
7am WU, 1pm-245pm Nap, 730pm BT.  Hes not always asleep right away can chat to himself once calm for upto 30min.
Gotta run time to wake him up.

Melissa

Offline *Becky*

« Reply #179 on: March 06, 2013, 13:29:25 pm »
OMG I need to just sit and rest....she is 21 months now so can't be the 18 month regression but hey, cant face another post.
For the last 4 weeks we have had NWings pretty much ever night. Only 1 NWing but can last 30 mins to 1.5 hours, 2 hours on bad nights. It is breaking me. She has never been a NW'er so just stumped really.
She had a very bad cough and then cut a 2 year molar so we had the odd night where we needed to AP or give meds or whatever but it is now every night. The Dr last week said she had some congestion in her ear and to assume pain when she woke so we do give meds, not every night but when we think it is necessary. The rest of the time we go in, give her her lovey and then lie next to her bed as if we WO she goes nuts. She then does go back to sleep but if I am in there it seems to take longer. This am she was awake for about an hour and then started really crying again so I just lay her with me...we have to get some sleep!
Absolutely do not know what to do.....