Author Topic: 18 month sleep regression support thread - Part 2  (Read 83611 times)

Offline Buttonbobs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 124
  • E - born 20/10/11
Re: 18 month sleep regression support thread - Part 2
« Reply #240 on: May 29, 2013, 20:46:52 pm »
Hi and(((hugs))) ladies. I'm not sure we're not passed the 18 month regression now withE as she is cutting canines :( but sleep still a very rare treat here. Sad to hear you're with me but still nice to have friendly company xxx
~ Naomi ~

Offline anna*

• Showing Appreciation 900
  • My two
« Reply #241 on: May 29, 2013, 20:49:47 pm »
(((hugs))) (((hugs))) (((hugs))) for everyone still going through this. We've come out the other side, but canines are next on the horizon and no doubt will be showing their sharp, pointy, cry-making little faces soon.

Offline Buttonbobs

• E - born 20/10/11
« Reply #242 on: May 29, 2013, 20:54:26 pm »
Oh Anna they sound almost cute ;)

I've seen one and it is extremely pointy - I didn't even want to risk putting my finger anywhere near. If you're out the other side I really hope we are too and it's just (JUST) the teeth now.
~ Naomi ~

Offline lilasmum

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #243 on: May 30, 2013, 03:46:39 am »
(((Hugs))) lilasmum, think we're here too.  Nights still intact but getting lots of BT silliness and some nap time resistance too.  She's normally out straight away when I put her down, but now she's rolling around chatting for 15 mins or more at nap time and up to an hour at bedtime.  I've pushed nap and BT a bit later with no real change.  Her language is exploding though - trying to copy everything, has a good 30 plus words now plus lots of new signs.  Canines all through so at least they aren't the culprit now!  How are things for you?

I thought they were getting better but maybe not!  She has been taking awhile to goto sleep at night (up to 45 mins) and now wakes up every single morning between 5.30-6.30 SCREAMING.  She will cry on and off until someone gets her up. She also wakes up crying from her naps, but thankfully she goes down for them fine still.  I have no idea if this is actually a sleep regression but I have no idea what else to put it down to?  She has never ever woken crying in the past.

When I wrote my previous post, we had just had a terrible night where she woke crying at 3.30 and finally went back to sleep at 5.  I had to get up at 6 for work.  I am 99% sure though that was down to sickness as she had a reaction to penicillin.  She has been STTN since that (knock on wood).  Her crying upon waking lasted a week or ten days and then miraculously stopped.  She started going to sleep within 5-10 mins at night and went back to waking at 7am.  And that lasted about 4 days and regressed again. 

She has all of her teeth (apart from her 2 year molars) and is showing no signs of teething, so I don’t think it’s that.  How long does this regression usually last? 

Offline anna*

• My two
« Reply #244 on: May 30, 2013, 08:46:26 am »
Honestly I don't think there is a 'usually'. Maybe a month or two?

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #245 on: June 01, 2013, 18:29:14 pm »
Good nap today.....so inevitably messing around like crazy at BT ::) no way to win!

Offline Buttonbobs

• E - born 20/10/11
« Reply #246 on: June 01, 2013, 20:45:24 pm »
We were out this evening so we let E have a long nap until 4.20, we bathed and changed her into pjs while we were out & thought she'd sleep on the way home, but she's still awake now in her cot at 9.45pm! Not too bad an A time but v late for her, normal BT is about 7.30ish. Fingers crossed its not a hideous night.
~ Naomi ~

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #247 on: June 02, 2013, 11:41:03 am »
Hope the night was ok Naomi!

Night was good in the end here, 7.30pm - 6.50am.  We were out this morning, thing DH wanted to do (and subsequently faffed about doing for forever.......another topic perhaps ::) ) anyway we ended up 15 mins late home for nap time.  25 mins later and she's still rolling around her cot playing and chatting, or throwing her lovey out and crying for it.  It's getting very silly.....

Offline Buttonbobs

• E - born 20/10/11
« Reply #248 on: June 02, 2013, 16:22:25 pm »
She eventually went to sleep and then dirtied her nappy around 10.30pm, so we changed her and she went straight off and slept until 8.30. So not a brilliantly long night but it could have been a lot worse. We've been at a birthday party and then BBQ today, so we've been totally off EASY again, but she loves being out so much it doesn't usually matter for the odd day. Thank goodness she'll be back on normal week time routine tomorrow :)
~ Naomi ~

Offline brummum

• Showing Appreciation 56
« Reply #249 on: June 03, 2013, 22:15:12 pm »
So I think I need to camp out here for a bit. I have no idea what is going on with him at the mo so I am blaming the regression. Short naps, nap resistance, bedtime silliness, night wakings ... You name it we have it. No pattern, no rhyme or reason. I'm so exhausted. Nothing helps. Oh and the throwing the lovey out the cot then crying for it....  Geesh. Give me strength.

Offline anna*

• My two
« Reply #250 on: June 03, 2013, 22:16:09 pm »
Oh and the throwing the lovey out the cot then crying for it....  Geesh. Give me strength.

Isn't it delightful? We had that with Stan, Audrey hasn't figure it out... yet...

Offline lilasmum

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #251 on: June 04, 2013, 04:19:02 am »
I just had to share that we had a good night last night/this morning.  She was asleep by 7pm, awake at 610am and almost straight back to sleep until I had to wake her at 6.40.  Hooray!  I am under no illusions that it will all be magically fixed now, but it's amazing what a difference once good night can make to your morale.

We are in week three of this 'regression' - please, please let it be over soon. 

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #252 on: June 09, 2013, 18:24:57 pm »
Argh, anyone else feeling like whatever they do, it's wrong at the moment? Still getting major messing about at BT here and can't seem to hit the right spot. In fact the only days she seems to settle easily are after REALLY short naps at nursery. Is it possible to have a sudden drop in sleep needs?  I'd say OT based on behaviour, but I guess it could be the old UT become OT loop again....

Offline lilasmum

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #253 on: June 11, 2013, 23:49:20 pm »
Argh, anyone else feeling like whatever they do, it's wrong at the moment? Still getting major messing about at BT here and can't seem to hit the right spot. In fact the only days she seems to settle easily are after REALLY short naps at nursery. Is it possible to have a sudden drop in sleep needs?  I'd say OT based on behaviour, but I guess it could be the old UT become OT loop again....

It's so easy to get confused between UT and OT I think.  Everyone kept asking me why I didn't keep my daughter up later to make her sleep later etc.  I know it doesn't work like that for us and what finally worked for me (for a week or so now, fingers crossed it keeps going) was to cap her day nap at 2 hours 15 min and to put her to bed half an hour earlier.  By doing that, we are now getting 7pm - 630am nighttimes.  It's definitely trial and error.

Offline oliversmommy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #254 on: June 12, 2013, 02:04:43 am »
I totally agree that trying to figure out OT vs UT is really hard at this age!  (Well for me, at any age really!  :) )

Just had to jump in and say that we get the same suggestion from EVERYONE - "try a later BT" - which for us just means a shorter night.  I try to explain that I think our sleep issues are developmental and I just get doubtful looks - so I'm glad I'm not the only one!  :)