Author Topic: 18 month sleep regression support thread - Part 2  (Read 82872 times)

Offline amateursuch

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: 18 month sleep regression support thread - Part 2
« Reply #300 on: August 16, 2013, 12:39:03 pm »
Thanks Katherine!  Currently at 1.5hrs nap and still counting. Longest in a good while, especially without any resettling! Pushed her nap until 12 today (over 6A) - these toddlers are consistently inconsistent... Hope others are having ok days.

Offline My little Liam

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 4
  • Love them!
« Reply #301 on: August 16, 2013, 14:39:12 pm »
We got 1hr40 so not bad but not great either

Offline My little Liam

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • Love them!
« Reply #302 on: August 16, 2013, 17:57:48 pm »
I can tell this is developmental. He has been babbling away to himself all day! Reading books aloud to himself in baby talk... So funny! It's taking him 15-20 min to fall asleep every night, usually he drops off right away! I hope this passes quickly...

Offline amateursuch

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #303 on: August 17, 2013, 12:45:54 pm »
I think 15 minutes or so is quite normal as they become toddlers. They need to unwind from their day.

We got a whole 40 minute nap again today. So depressing. A bad night ahead.

Offline My little Liam

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • Love them!
« Reply #304 on: August 17, 2013, 17:53:00 pm »
Our night was 10hrs! Horrible to start the day at 5...
Today we were busy all day. Fell asleep at 10 in car on way to his gym class, slept 10 minutes. Then slept 1245-1445. Bt 7 so a really long day but lets hope for a later wu!

Offline Lindsay27

• Showing Appreciation 78
« Reply #305 on: August 27, 2013, 23:15:04 pm »
Ladies, talk to me about when/how the 18-month regression started for you.  Ben has STTN consistently since 11 months, I can probably count on 1 hand the amount of times he hasn't STTN since then.  He's 16 months now and over the last 2 weeks we've been having a few looooong NWs - 2hrs.  He's hysterical and clings to me like his life depends on it.  It takes a lot to get him back down.

He is still napping fine - usually around 2.5hrs.

He got his 4 top teeth about a month ago (probably a little longer), and still still slept fine through that.  I am medicating before bed just in case it's teeth, but it really just 'feels' like something else.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 23:16:43 pm by Lindsay27 »

Offline amateursuch

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #306 on: August 29, 2013, 17:55:54 pm »
Well ours has been tied up in 2-1 and teeth as well as developmental - all leading to OT ugh.  Short naps and EWs have been on/off for us for ages so I can't blame regression on them, but recent fresh hells have been a loooong time to settle at bedtime (did I say looong?), and every few days a loooong night waking. Ours haven't been particularly separation anxiety or clingy (yet), but more just awake with the occaisional crying and moaning, and like she just can't switch off. I think a bit is OT, but I do think is very developmental 18 mo SR crazy. I think we've hit a particularly bad regression though.

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Showing Appreciation 75
« Reply #307 on: September 08, 2013, 14:11:59 pm »
Anyone please I'm loosing my mind my LO is 16 months next week and will not nap in his cot I just don't know what to do, he used to do 5 hour A then sleep 1.5/2 hours no probs with independent settling! Now hysteria at nap time I've done wi/wo and gw nothing works!
Could the regression hit early?
Zoe

Offline Lindsay27

• Showing Appreciation 78
« Reply #308 on: September 08, 2013, 15:59:54 pm »
I thought we had an early regression too, but it seems as though he was having the beginnings of a flu virus.  We also battled some teething as well - I think both things masked themselves as regression. 

Any signs of teething?

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #309 on: September 08, 2013, 16:36:46 pm »
Last molar coming through but am medicating before naps, it starts the min I mention sleep, nap, bed or approach the stairs! Maybe it's developmental as he's becoming very naughty and cheeky x
Zoe

Offline Charjanemom

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #310 on: September 10, 2013, 10:38:53 am »
I'm popping on and wondering if we are in the sr too. We are in last wonder week. C is 17 months old. We had months of ew and finally after sticking to set routine things really have been great for months. Normally our day is

W 630 ish
Nap 12 - 215/230(give or take 15 mins)
Bed 7-730 depending on nap

So this past week we have had lots of nap fighting, only one good nap. Yesterday was 1 hr 20 mins
And we are getting ew which I HATE!!

I'm wondering if this is the sr ??

At first I thought it was a routine thing but after reading some posts on here I'm thinking its the sr. We missed all the others so I was hoping we would miss this too :)

Offline Kirsten~

• Showing Appreciation 8
« Reply #311 on: September 11, 2013, 14:51:20 pm »
The timing for finding this could not be better for us. I should not go off just two nights, but DD's behaviour is very much like what Lindsay described. We don't see any signs of sickness, and while we gave her pain meds, I don't think it is teeth since she is still eating well.
I am debating between SR and SA (or maybe they are one causing the other).

The last 2 nights she has woken at 2am both times, and been up for hrs. We try everything, but every time we put her back in her crib she screams hysterically and screams and screams. DH even slept with her in the guest room for a couple hrs this morning, and even after that she still screamed the house down when he put her in the crib. I thought maybe it was sickness the first night since DH took care of her, but last night I saw her behaviour, and I don't think so. She would lay on my chest for a couple of minutes, and then sit up and start talking and pointing or try to wiggle down out of my lap and go into her playroom to play. She was acting like it was 3PM, not 3AM!

Does this sound like SR? We don't know what to do. I am thinking tonight we should make a point to not pull her out of her crib, and just do WIWO from the very beginning. Thoughts??

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #312 on: September 11, 2013, 15:05:12 pm »
Kirsten this is exactly like my LO and its affecting naps....I feel like giving up as dont know what's causing this! We've had 2 nights of him in our bed at 2am after 2 hours awake and happy as larry!! He acts like he could go all day without sleep...I'm having to do a lot of driving around to get any sleep!!
Zoe

Offline amateursuch

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #313 on: September 12, 2013, 12:39:13 pm »
Kirsten and Haribo - huge sympathies on the 2 hr NWs. We've been having them too and they're hell!

Offline eva026

• Showing Appreciation 32
« Reply #314 on: September 22, 2013, 06:22:28 am »
Hi everyone,

Unfortunately I am joining you here. I see some familiar faces:)
Too tired to post and have to get ready for uni...
When I get back I'll write more because I just don't know what to do with DD atm. I got 3h sleep last night:(