Author Topic: 18 month sleep regression support thread - Part 2  (Read 83631 times)

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: 18 month sleep regression support thread - Part 2
« Reply #345 on: October 29, 2013, 21:26:58 pm »
Tell me about it, I have the ones that say I'm lucky my LO sleeps till 8am I have wake him....I just nod and think to myself your time may come don't brag too much lol ;-)
He used to wake up and chatter but now it's mantra cry for few mins then shouting mama then crying! When I go in he just points to the door and says yeah!?! Bonkers!
I've resorted to sitting next to the cot saying lay down until he gives in sometimes works after an hour or so or sometimes bring him in bed....I know it's bad but need sleep on work days!
Zoe

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
  • Showing Appreciation 44
« Reply #346 on: October 29, 2013, 23:11:59 pm »
Yeah bringing him into bed is not an option for us. Hasn't worked since he was 6 months old. If he leaves his crib he's UP.
My dreamed for Angel Baby DD (other than dreaded 40min naps) Born 4/30/16
Reflux, MSPI, Love my Spirited,textbook little munchkin DS Born 5/17/2012

**Siobhan**

Offline Lindsay27

• Showing Appreciation 78
« Reply #347 on: October 30, 2013, 00:35:07 am »
If he leaves his crib he's UP.
Same.  DH attempted it last night in the spare room in desperation after an ongoing 2hr NW and got no sleep.  I'd say I feel sorry for him...but the amount of times I've dealt with NWs...it was his turn! lol

Offline rachelgz

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #348 on: October 30, 2013, 22:08:18 pm »
Joining the club here. DD has been fighting for naps, BT with NW and EW. This morning she woke up at 4:30am and refused to go back to sleep. She screamed quite quickly if I don't go to her. Even if I go to her, she just wanted to get out from her cot.

Tonight, she woke up 2hrs after her BT, which is unusual coz she normally NW around 3ish. I tried to settle her in cot for 1.5 hrs. She made herself sick due to screaming and we also had neighbours complaint. I had to pick her up and settled het in my arm.

Frankly, I feel really upset, angry and frustrated for the whole SR. Hope this phrase will pass soon.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 22:13:01 pm by rachelgz »

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #349 on: October 31, 2013, 06:55:24 am »
I'm just sick of it....BT settles fine at the moment but up 11pm, 2am 5am all crying WU all trying to get out the cot! And to think I used to moan at 6.30 am WU!
I feel lost :-(
Zoe

Offline My little Liam

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • Love them!
« Reply #350 on: November 02, 2013, 13:21:45 pm »
I think we might have a breakthrough??? Liam has been going down happily for naps and BT and STTN for a week already! The only problem is that he is soooooo OT, it is ridiculous! SR, canines and DLS have literally killed us... We have EW from the OT, but we are working on it and hopefully we are on the right track and things will straighten out soon enough. FX!!!!!

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
  • Showing Appreciation 44
« Reply #351 on: November 02, 2013, 15:31:06 pm »
Did he just all of a sudden do it or did you need to re ST? Liam went from settling fine at nap with me having to help at BT to both nap AND BT and we're still only getting 10-10.5hr nights?
My dreamed for Angel Baby DD (other than dreaded 40min naps) Born 4/30/16
Reflux, MSPI, Love my Spirited,textbook little munchkin DS Born 5/17/2012

**Siobhan**

Offline My little Liam

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • Love them!
« Reply #352 on: November 02, 2013, 16:20:17 pm »
Well our nights are still 10-10.5hr but i put that down to OT. The problem is that I dont really know how to get over the OT when he doesnt tack. Should i just stick with the set times no matter what and eventually it will work itself out?

Regarding settling, i never really helped him, i just continues to do wiwo the whole time and one day he just went back to settling consistently.

Now how do i get out of this OT mess when i am trying to move wu forward because of dls and the fact that nap cant be earlier than 1??

Offline Lindsay27

• Showing Appreciation 78
« Reply #353 on: November 02, 2013, 20:59:11 pm »
We are having lots of issues settling him for naps, so I REALLY hope he goes back to self settling/soothing.  Even if he has a NW he used to just ss and now he screams the house down.

Offline My little Liam

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • Love them!
« Reply #354 on: November 15, 2013, 12:46:59 pm »
Oh man, i thought we were done with this!!!
I think he got so OT during the last month of SR that the last week or two has just been CU but niw that he has had a week of longer nights (10.5-10hr45, so not ideal but much better than 9-9.5hr) he is now totally refusing naps AGAIN!! He has been whining and rolling around for almost an hour. I think i have done WIWO a hundred times already! GO TO SLEEP, LIAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally asleep after an hour! I had to go in and lie in his crib and he fell asleep within a minute. This is ridiculous!

He has an amazing language explosion, though. In the last month he went from maybe 5 words to probably almost 30 and has even said two words together a few times! But how much longer is this going to last!?!? I am totally losing it by now!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 13:09:30 pm by My little Liam »

Offline rachelgz

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #355 on: November 20, 2013, 21:55:15 pm »
DD has been screaming the house down almost every single night at BT.  I tried wi/wo, she was so upset and screamed even louder.  Tried to stay next to her cot or even lean into it, she kept popping up and refused to go down and wanted to be cuddled.

I feel sorry for her as well as for myself.  It's emotionally exhausted. I feel it's so wrong that she need to cry for an hour before she felt asleep every night!! She will be 19 mo in a couple of days.  Can someone please tell me how long the SR will last?

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #356 on: November 22, 2013, 14:02:01 pm »
Some tell me 2....I just think it's over as we get no nap if BT resistance and a whole 4 days of no NW then it's back to NW!! Standing crying mama until I hold his hold and he drops off!
It's putting DH off considering another baby :-(
Zoe

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #357 on: November 22, 2013, 14:07:04 pm »
Some tell me 2....I just think it's over as we get no nap if BT resistance and a whole 4 days of no NW then it's back to NW!! Standing crying mama until I hold his hold and he drops off!
It's putting DH off considering another baby :-(
Zoe

Offline rachelgz

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #358 on: November 22, 2013, 21:38:35 pm »
DD has NW too. She doesn't go back down on her own and keeps calling Mama until I go to her.  I have found that if I go to her quickly, give a quick cuddle (literally a few seconds) and put her down straight away, she will be back to sleep immediately.  A result of SA??  If I don't go to her, that would be a long NW with screaming.

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #359 on: November 22, 2013, 21:49:23 pm »
DS just screams if I leave him it's so weird, totally happy at BT leave him awake and blow a kiss goodnight and not a peep!
Thinking I need a yoga mag under his cot to save my hips lol x
Zoe