Author Topic: 18 month sleep regression support thread - Part 2  (Read 83755 times)

Offline Johnnyha65

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Re: 18 month sleep regression support thread - Part 2
« Reply #375 on: February 23, 2014, 17:58:48 pm »
Well we finally had a full nights sleep from 7pm till 6.35  ;D however I now have tonsilitis  >:( and I suspect this may have been part of the reason for the sleep disturbances last week, looking back I think R may have had it and has given it to me, how guilty do I feel?!!
Hope you've had a better few days Siobhan and Liam is on the mend!

Offline K-JDA

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #376 on: March 08, 2014, 21:41:22 pm »
Hi all - just wondering if you could advise if this is the 18 month SR. Just got to STTN after horrendous 2-1 and now EWs (5ish - yuck), refusing naps til crazily late in the day. Taking ages to settle at bedtime, SA at bedtime. Loads of new sounds which are very word-like plus a few identifiable words. He is teething - 1 canine has poked through today so not sure if all down to SR as  teething is definitely impacting. After 2 weeks it is driving me slightly crazy as just can't settle to EWs so he is up! Tell me it gets better!!!! 😁

Offline Me.and.my.two.boys

• Showing Appreciation 41
  • Me and my boys ❤️
« Reply #377 on: March 08, 2014, 23:21:25 pm »
Tough time here too - back tomorrow properly! Not coping well with the lack of sleep :(
Kelly, mum of two amazing boys 2008 and 2012

Offline ZacsMumme

• Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #378 on: March 24, 2014, 07:38:06 am »
Booooooo..........I'm admitting defeat.......were here too. Last week has been rubbish and I'm pretty sure it's the regression.
Loooong BT battles, heartbreaking crying, wanting cuddles, longer nap means more of a fight and he's not tacking on like usual.

So...here following along and will be back ;) x
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

Offline ZacsMumme

• You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #379 on: March 24, 2014, 07:40:57 am »
And (((hugs))) this is us too and def sounds like the SR
Hi all - just wondering if you could advise if this is the 18 month SR. Just got to STTN after horrendous 2-1 and now EWs (5ish - yuck), refusing naps til crazily late in the day. Taking ages to settle at bedtime, SA at bedtime. Loads of new sounds which are very word-like plus a few identifiable words. He is teething - 1 canine has poked through today so not sure if all down to SR as  teething is definitely impacting. After 2 weeks it is driving me slightly crazy as just can't settle to EWs so he is up! Tell me it gets better!!!! 😁
***Sara***

Offline K-JDA

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #380 on: March 24, 2014, 18:59:47 pm »
Thanks

Offline K-JDA

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #381 on: March 24, 2014, 19:08:54 pm »
Oops pressed send too soon!

Thanks for the reply!

Still sleep crazies round here - just trying to roll with it using EBT so even though EWing he is getting a bit more ONS. Today was 5am WU, only 1 hr nap at 1 (!) but out like a light at 6.30 (earliest I can manage with getting home from work). 2nd canine through now with another close by so definitely not helping! Hoping the clock change will help to take the pain out of the early starts so will use it to have bed/wake up later until thing settle down a bit I think?

Hugs to you all, this is a tough one!

Offline ZacsMumme

• You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #382 on: March 25, 2014, 04:05:38 am »
Ugh! Sounds I'm uch like us but  instead of we we have Bt battles to make the day way too long ::) today the short naps started 2 hrs (I always wake) to 1hr20 crying. DH got him up In the hope our Bt will be less of a fight.

Today will be this
WU 7.30 (after 10.5 hr night as he didnt sleep till 9 after 7.30 Bt!)
Nap 12.30-1.50/55
Bt will aim for 7.30 which is a long day and he's prob going to be OT but were going to see if he fights us or not

So what was your LO doing before the SR KJM. We were 6.30/7 nap 12.30-2.30 Bt 7.30
***Sara***

Offline K-JDA

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #383 on: March 25, 2014, 05:50:05 am »
We were WU 6, sleep 12.20-2, bed 7. He has never done more than 11hrs overnight and typically 1hr45 for nap but has been down to 10hrs for the last few weeks now with no chance of a reesettle. Did 6.30-5 last night. My main problem is that nap is after lunch at nursery so his morning is way too long so he is probably getting OT so making matters worse! He is there 5 days a week too so I am bringing the nap earlier to 12 to catch up a bit. He needs a long 1st A so daren't bring any earlier so this will add to the EWs.

Offline ZacsMumme

• You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #384 on: March 25, 2014, 06:41:48 am »
Hugs that sounds tough. Our problem is mainly BT and I'm just not sure how best to change up his routine. We really should do wi/WO but he seems so distressed, and I'm not good at listening to him cry :'(

Today he napped 1hr20 but still fussing at 7.40pm ::) I'm soooooo not ready for this regression
***Sara***

Offline K-JDA

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #385 on: March 25, 2014, 06:52:50 am »
We were having BT issues before last week too and I used WI/WO and it did really help him settle more quickly at BT. I know what you mean about the crying though - it is heartbreaking! Have you found SA to be worsened too? I stayed a little longer on the WI and that helped a bit.

Hugs to you.

Offline ZacsMumme

• You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #386 on: March 25, 2014, 06:54:27 am »
Yeah sa is through the roof, even during A time. He's very independent usually but then suddenly very clingy when he wants to be if that makes sense. I just posted in TS as I'm not sure if I need to push the nap or something else :-\ I hate this regression!
***Sara***

Offline BabyKain12

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #387 on: April 19, 2014, 01:46:42 am »
Need some tips... We've hit the 18 mo regression and it's been about 2 weeks. He's been on the same schedule which was working GREAT at the start:

Wake 7:00
Nap 12:00-2/3:00
Bed 9:00

He's always gone to bed somewhere between 8:30 and 9:30 depending on his nap schedule.

I'm not worried that he's ot or ut because he wakes happily and falls asleep easily. HOWEVER, he's started waking up at 1am and won't go back to sleep until 4 or 5!! He's whining, tossing, turning, and trying to play, gets angry when I lay him back down ect.

He gets a snack 30 min prior to bedtime, it starts the night routine. Snack, bath, snuggle, sleep. That has also been the same since birth... I have been very firm and consistent with laying him down, telling him it's time for sleep, and just not engaging him in anything stimulating during the night and he's still waking.

Any tips to reiterate that it's time for sleep, and to make this pass sooner!?

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
  • Showing Appreciation 44
« Reply #388 on: April 19, 2014, 22:47:54 pm »
It could be a regression or he could need less than 3hr nap time. Do you notice that he does it more on days that he gets more day sleep? Also it's a bit of a shorter night at 10hrs with a 3hr nap so I think maybe he's getting too much day sleep.
My dreamed for Angel Baby DD (other than dreaded 40min naps) Born 4/30/16
Reflux, MSPI, Love my Spirited,textbook little munchkin DS Born 5/17/2012

**Siobhan**

Offline BabyKain12

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #389 on: April 20, 2014, 01:55:42 am »
He does it on 3 hr nap days, 2 hr nap days, some days I have to give him a short 1.5 hr nap around 9:39 and a 30 min nap around 3... It all turns out the same. I have noticed on days where we have a lot of errands to run and he gets 2 catnaps in the car for about 30 min each he does okay only waking up briefly then sleeping through but he's so grumpy those days I know he's exhausted...