Author Topic: 18 month sleep regression support thread - Part 2  (Read 82874 times)

Offline MarciaMSPT

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
    • DIY Home Health Physical Therapy
Re: 18 month sleep regression support thread - Part 2
« Reply #435 on: January 12, 2015, 18:41:54 pm »
Surviving - and on nights he sleeps through (and I do to!) I feel I can't complain, but loss of sleep for me is a bear.  Three canines peaking through - ups and downs.  Sleeps through one or two nights, then a night or two of NW and and EW thrown in the mix to keep me guessing.  figuring a growth spurt arrived somewhere in the mix as well.  Talking up a storm!  Sweet 18?  I thought it was sweet 16 - oh, it was! :) 

Sending encouragement to all the other moms out there who are in the same boat - often when you're drowning, you can't see your face from your hand - but we are all in this together.

Hugs.
With God all things are possible!

Offline aozyetis

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #436 on: January 23, 2015, 20:11:17 pm »
Hello all! I'm new to this thread, been reading many of the older posts and there are just so many I decided to pose my question and hope I'm not asking something that's already been answered 100 times!
So my little one is 20 months old and might be suffering from the 18 month sleep regression a bit late it seems. She recently started waking up suddenly in the middle of the night, usually once, sometimes twice, standing in her crib, crying hysterically and calling for us. We go in, pick her up and console and she falls back asleep fairly easily. She is getting some molars and she's also recently started daycare so lots of change going on. Also, her naps haven't been as long at daycare and they are earlier than they have been at home so she might be getting OT unfortunately. We are working to put her to bed earlier at night to compensate for the shorter and earlier nap time while at school.
My question is, what methods do you use to cope with the night-wakings? I understand from a previous thread that best to continue to console her as opposed to letting her cry it out as she needs that right now. Just nervous about her getting used to us going in to console when up until now she's been an excellent night sleeper and has always self-soothed.
Do you all agree that this will just pass with some time and we should console as needed?
Thanks so much for your advice!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 20:14:03 pm by aozyetis »

Offline Kellyjs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 80
« Reply #437 on: January 24, 2015, 11:20:16 am »
Hi and welcome to the abyss!!  ;). Yes, definitely console her, CIO is not supported here and will probably only make matters worse.

We're still have NW's. They are a pain in the backside, I'm just hoping it'll stop soon. DD is also teething her canines for what seems like forever so meds have worked to some degree.

I would continue as you're doing. A few EBT will help with the OT. I take it you've had your routine checked and that's ok? ((Hugs)) x

Offline aozyetis

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #438 on: January 24, 2015, 19:08:22 pm »
Yes, her routine is OK except that she's losing some sleep now that she's in daycare so need to compensate for that.

Thanks for your response!

Offline Kellyjs

• Showing Appreciation 80
« Reply #439 on: January 25, 2015, 06:42:39 am »
Good luck!  :)

Offline Shiv52

• The Diplomat
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 585