Author Topic: DD is just gonna be milk free!  (Read 4409 times)

Offline *Kara*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
Re: DD is just gonna be milk free!
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2012, 03:13:46 am »
I think it's the sweetness that the coconut has that she doesn't like oddly enough!  She has Goodstart formula and it's anything but sweet so maybe too much of a difference?

I think I am just gonna give up for now and will start reducing her bottles by an ounce every few days to help her adjust her caloric intake... then will hang on to the two smaller bottles for a bit. 

I think this might be one that I will let her make the choice - she is just so darn stubborn!

Offline my3girlsjde

• Sometimes a superpower is simply surviving the chaos.....
  • Showing Appreciation 115
  • Reflux, sleep apnea and food allergies
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2012, 03:46:02 am »
:)
Vicki - nursing student and proud mother to three refluxers in two years

Remembering my sleeping angels: 17 Jan 06, 30 Jul 09

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2012, 07:49:35 am »
Maybe mix the coconut milk with formula and start to increase the ratios so she gets used to the taste?

Offline *Kara*

• So little!
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2012, 04:53:17 am »
well, I think I will have to go with your suggestion of the coconut milk and try again to do a transition... or maybe I will just use the chocolate one and use her sippy!  Or, I could put a splash of chocolate syrup in the plain and reduce the amount of syrup over time???  Decisions decisions...

I decided to give milk one last shot (I know I know - why right?!)  Ugh.  She had a bottle tonight at BT with 6.5 ozs of formula and one single ounce of whole cow's milk... one little ounce!!  Guess who has been super restless and cried out a few times already?   She went to bed at 730pm and it's now almost 10pm... ugh.

Clearly milk is not her friend.  Bad mommy for trying again :(

Offline my3girlsjde

• Sometimes a superpower is simply surviving the chaos.....
  • Showing Appreciation 115
  • Reflux, sleep apnea and food allergies
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2012, 05:00:34 am »
Bad mommy for trying again
No hun. Completely normal, wanting the best for her daughter, trying to figure it out for sure, most likely frustrated mommy and tried it again.

We were pretty sure wheat was causing E some distress, yet we did attempt it again after a week of taking her off just to be sure. And it did validate our suspicions which this did for you. Don't beat yourself up, you proved yourself right.

I use the Coconut Dream chocolate and regular and I mix. Each day she gets a little bit less of the chocolate and more of the plain but since the kid misses out on so many treats that I can't keep from the girls ie strawberries that I do let her have some chocolate coconut milk in her cereal in the morning. The stuff is great :)

Hugs, you might be in for a bit of a rough night but you do know for sure and you can move forward. I would wait a few months though before trying again ;)
Vicki - nursing student and proud mother to three refluxers in two years

Remembering my sleeping angels: 17 Jan 06, 30 Jul 09

Offline *Kara*

• So little!
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2012, 05:05:49 am »
I think I'll just wait until she is 2 now...

And, I'll stick to formula for the next few weeks until we are back home from holidays... my baby sister (who is almost 28) is getting married and us girls are in the wedding party :)  Alexandra needs to be in top form!

Thanks for the support and reassurance Vicki :-*