Author Topic: how much gi disturbance to expect moving to cows milk from nutramigen.  (Read 1829 times)

Offline lilisuze

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 46
we've been doing a milk trial with DD and it's been going well. she's been having normal milk on cereal, and little fromage frais s.

I phoned our hv for advice on what to do next and she was useless!

there has been a little bit of spit up sometimes. I haven't seen her spit up at all since she was about 6 months old. poop seems OK, a bit loose, but she is teething too. sleep OK too, no more NW than normal.

so any advice on what I should expect or a time frame would be very helpful

tia

lili xx
Little dude (2008) spirited monkey boy
Little pink (2011) textbook princess

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
Hi, So she is /was MPI? I am not sure on time scales TBH I imagine it is different for all but am guessing that it could take up to 2 weeks to show?

Offline lilisuze

thanks for replying. she was having some issues settling, screaming for long periods, and got constipated with soy, so that's how she ended up with the hypo formula.

should I expect a bit of tummy trouble while she gets used to it?

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
I would imagine that as she gets used to the proteins it could upset her a little. How long did it take to show before?

Offline lilisuze

not sure tbh. I was breast feeding, but she was taking over an hour to settle after night feeds, and making very loud breathing sounds. we tried soy formula because DS is mpi and we assumed that was the problem. within 5 days she was so constipated that the doc prescribed the nutramigen. she has been on that ever since, was weaned on dairy free food, but has been tolerating cooked and hidden dairy for a couple of months

after we saw tthe paed last time he suggested we trial her, that's when I started the milk in cereal and yogurts. that's been about 3 weeks now.

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
It sounds positive that she is taking cold cow's milk for 3 weeks now! Fingers crossed!