Author Topic: Dropping to one bottle?  (Read 1131 times)

Offline MommyMoulton

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 12
  • Kiss Anyone?
Dropping to one bottle?
« on: June 20, 2012, 23:58:05 pm »
Hello all....

My DS is 11.5 months and has started to refuse or eat very little for breakfast. I think that he is too full of milk. We have fully transitioned to cows milk and he is tolerating it well. He eats plently of dairy in his solids.

A typical breakfast used to be 1-1.25 hours after am bottle. And would be 15-20 cheerios, a yogurt, a slice of toast, 3 strawberries(or equavilent fruit) plus 2 tbsp of infant cereal.

Now he eats maybe 5 cheerios, half a yogurt and one strawberry. He has 'early' lunch aroun 1030 (as we are transitioning to one nap a day), and a snack after his nap. Supper at 430/5pm which is normal size. He will have 6-8oz before bed.

Anyone else think its time to drop the am bottle? I currently offer 8oz, sometimes he drink 6 then stops. Other times drink 2-4, then takes a 20-30min break before drinking another 2-4oz.
Melissa

Offline Seona1973

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 21
Re: Dropping to one bottle?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 12:24:19 pm »
I would maybe offer a cup of milk alongside breakfast - it would help with the transition to a cup and also naturally make him cut down the amount of milk he is taking in the morning