Author Topic: Car seat cries!!!  (Read 1786 times)

Offline Salt springer

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: June 25, 2012, 00:21:06 am »
I was just wondering...my 7 week old DS hates, I mean hates going I his car seat. I try to take him for car rides or walks a and he freaks out to the point that he goes red almost purple in the face and he cries up to a sweat! What can I do to make him enjoy the car seat more. I have a car seat that attaches to the stroller...the car seat is a maxi cosi...any suggestions? Will it get better with "practice"
Thanks!  ??? ???

Offline ZacsMumme

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
Re: Car seat cries!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 00:36:12 am »
hugs, my LO hated the buggy and car since about 6 weeks old.
We did find a mirror helped though...we have one of these http://www.pittapatta.co.nz/
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

Offline Buttonbobs

• Showing Appreciation 124
  • E - born 20/10/11
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 07:04:36 am »
Hey salt springer, I'm amazed to see your post as I logged on to ask exactly the same question! :-) I hope you find a resolution to your problem soon.

My LO is 8 months & used to sleep occasionally in the car seat, now she screams & screams until she is boiling hot & dripping with sweat. Even stopping the car, calming her down, cooling her off & starting again doesn't help. I used to think she was hot first and this caused the upset but now I'm not so sure. It's making journeys very stressful as I often drive with her alone and can do nothing while driving. It doesn't happen every time and if she sleeps then she doesn't cry - although she does still get very hot. I may well try a mirror but does anyone know of any cooling product/technique that could help? I have a modern car and use the air conditioning to keep the car itself cool but this doesn't help.
~ Naomi ~

Offline becj86

• Showing Appreciation 346
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 10:51:24 am »
I found removing the 'comfy' padding helped enormously - it meant DS didn't get too hot in there. He also doesn't like being restricted :P but there's not much one can do about that...