Author Topic: 11 week old only feeding every 4 hours....can't get any more milk in him?  (Read 1437 times)

Offline MrsCoops

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
My DDS2 weighs approx 13.5 lb's, is on aptimil 1 with dr brown bottles (newborn teat) and will only want to feed every 3.5-4 hours, if I try at 3 hourly intervals then he's not that interested and spends the day snacking.

My concern is that between 6-6 he only has 4 bottles totalling approx 22-24 oz we can't get him go take a DF, he's literally dead to the world and he doesn't start to suckle on the bottle?
He must need the fifth bottle as he wakes for a feed anywhere from midnight to 4, sometimes just once takes a good feed then back down until morning, sometimes twice and has only 3 oz each time. The Nf means that he doesn't take his morning bottle well either, at a total loss!!

He also struggles to get himself to sleep at naps and bedtime but this is a new phase as he was v good at being put down awake and then settling himself, no idea what's causing this change??

Routine (on a good day is)
E 6.30 5oz
A
S 8-9.30/10 (in buggy on route to dS1 nursery will sometimes stay asleep when I get back home other times it descends to OT and can't be settled ino cot)

E 10/10.30 5/6 oz
A
S 11.30-12.15 (wakes early and can't be settled back to sleep, v cranky)

E 1.30/2 6oz
A
S v hard to settle as still cranky as OT from last nap being short, generally resort to walk in buggy but he'll wake when I stop, then v cranky until bedtime

E 5.30/6 7oz
A bath time
S 6.30, increasingly v hard to settle and takes an hour for him to drop off :-(

Is this all food related that he's not taking enough in the day?? Can't seem to get anymore in him as he gets v upset as clearly not interested. No reflux ( that I know of) DS1 had it so should know the signs, a bit sick but doesn't bother him

Any help would be really, really appreciated as its making having a toddler and newborn so stressful (even with toddler in nursery 3 days!)

Many thanks in advance :-)

Offline RachelC

• Girl Scout Extraordinaire
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 865
How is it going?  Still no luck getting more into him?

Proud to have breastfed for a combined total of 35 months

Offline Mrs Coops

• ~~Marsha~~
  • Showing Appreciation 43
  • Too busy to visit BW much, but still love it.
Hi, many apologies I can't offer any help with bottle feeding, I just wanted to say what a good choice of user name you have  ;)
Formerly 'The Goblin'

Offline RachelC

• Girl Scout Extraordinaire
  • Showing Appreciation 865
I was so confused when I saw the new MrsCoops!

Proud to have breastfed for a combined total of 35 months