Author Topic: Anyone want to talk about the 3-2 Nap transition? Part 2  (Read 75335 times)

Offline K-JDA

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
Re: Anyone want to talk about the 3-2 Nap transition? Part 2
« Reply #225 on: April 14, 2013, 16:51:04 pm »
The UT/OT thing is my downfall too I think at the mo with OT at bedtime the last few days as have ditched the catnap and timed EBT badly! Am aiming for 7 tonight so last A time today is 3 hrs to be on the safe side.

Offline Eva's Mummy

• Showing Appreciation 14
  • Gail
« Reply #226 on: April 15, 2013, 07:27:53 am »
Oh well i thought if i was not going to get an EW today would have been it as she napped well yesterday but still she woke at 5:10 i left her for 20mins as she was just chatting and moaning but then i went in to settle and ended up having to feed her and she slept until 7:25.

Do you leave them moaning in the cot indeifintly as long as they are not crying? I wonder if i left her longet if she would have gone back to sleep on her own.

I worry that it is starting to be a habit waking at that time.

How did everyone else's night's go?

My beautiful spirited little angel

My angel baby girl

Offline K-JDA

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #227 on: April 15, 2013, 07:40:03 am »
I thought i might escape an EW too! Bedtime was all good and he slept til about 3.30 I think then heard him rumbling/chatting. Think I woke up at 4.30 to him again so not sure if he had been back to sleep or not. Noticed on the monitor that he had lost his lovey so gave this back but he was starting to cry so ended up feeding too and he slept til 6.35ish. It has been my worry for a while that the EW is becoming a habit too. I have tried leaving him but this never results in going back to sleep - after about 40 mins we get full blown crying then impossible to resettle - at the moment I am taking the view to resettle through whatever means ASAP to get good night sleep overall/half-decent wake-up time and once fully settled on 2 naps/inc wake times then will tackle the EWs at that point if truly become a habit. One thing at a time!!

Going to try 3hr15 wake time today and aim for 7 bed and see what happens. Got jobs to do that involve the car so who know what will happen!

Offline Eva's Mummy

• Gail
« Reply #228 on: April 15, 2013, 11:41:09 am »
Well we went for a 3hr 22min first A time and she has done a 2hr nap. So her next nap would be due at 4pm any idea on what to do there, should i just give her a CN if so how long do you think?

My angel baby girl

Offline K-JDA

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #229 on: April 15, 2013, 13:00:59 pm »
Maybe an hour then you have got 3 hrs daysleep? We didn't quite make 3hr15 A time but going to try for the next nap at 3hr15 and see what happens.

Offline lily_layne

• Showing Appreciation 65
« Reply #230 on: April 15, 2013, 16:37:00 pm »
I've just been catching up on this thread (we're down to 2 naps so I don't read this one much anymore).  I sympathize with all of you - the 3-2 was tough for us and we're still struggling with short pm naps on most days.  Before things went all wonky a few weeks ago, we were doing ok on A times that got longer throughout the day and a 13 hour day.  DD used to do 12 hour nights but that suddenly stopped when we did the 3-2.  If I remember right, her A times were 2h15-20, 2h30-40 and 3h-3h30 depending on the length of her naps.  I got tired of constantly figuring out what time to do BT so I just set BT and it worked great for quite a while.  If the pm nap was really bad, I would throw in a 10-15 min CN.  She did great with a long A to BT.  I don't know if this helps any of you, but I thought I'd throw it out there.
DD - August 2012
DS - November 2014

Offline Eva's Mummy

• Gail
« Reply #231 on: April 15, 2013, 17:45:01 pm »
Well never got teh chance i could tell when i put her down she it was going to be an OT nap and sure enough 35minslater she was awake. The wee soul was really struggling so back in bed for 18:40

My angel baby girl

Offline jcsmom

• Showing Appreciation 7
  • We're in Toronto, Canada
« Reply #232 on: April 15, 2013, 22:55:07 pm »
Things are awful here. I am really struggling. Today she had an EW at 5:30, 3 hrs A a 30 min nap so I extended with nursing and she woke every 10-15 mins again for a total of 1.5 hrs. She was soooooo fussy so I lay her down at 2 hrs A and she went right to sleep only to wake 22 mins later.  She seemed so OT with eye rubs, ear pulls etc. Nothing would get her to go back to sleep. So I tried a third nap and she would not have it. None of it. Nothing worked. So I went for SEBT for the first time ever. 5 pm and of course she woke 45 mins later and is still up.

I have cut back on solids wondering if this may help and I am pretty certain she is cutting teeth as she is just so fussy. I just don't even know how to get us back on course.

Offline frantastic20

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #233 on: April 16, 2013, 06:10:50 am »
Hi all, I am going to join you here if that's OK.  My son was 7 months yesterday and has been doing well on 2.5 hours A time, but we have been having 5-5.30am wakings and a short first nap, so I'm trying to transition to 2 naps.  I am struggling to figure out how to do it though as he won't resettle after he wakes, and then the day is very long.

Today he woke at 5.14am.  I fed him, tried to settle until 6.30am, then got up.  I'm going to see if we get to 8.15am before a nap is needed!  Then I'll do early bedtime tonight I think.  Wish me luck  :)

Offline Eva's Mummy

• Gail
« Reply #234 on: April 16, 2013, 07:17:25 am »
Welcome and good luck. Did you manage to get to 8:15 for the first nap. I would just try to extend his A time by 15 mins and hold for 3-4 days so he doesn't get too OT while to try to puch his A times. I've seen me have to carry my LO for the extra A time jsut to stop her getting too cranky while i'm pushing the times out. Having a longer first A should hopefully help with your EW.

How is your LO doing with teeth?

My angel baby girl

Offline Mummy23boys

• Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #235 on: April 16, 2013, 07:44:41 am »
Ok we need some serious help here! I don't know if I'm coming or going! And I don't know if I'm dealing with OT or UT or both! After the disaster of a day two days ago I aimed for EBT of 5.30pm but it ended up being 5.50pm. We had an EW then yesterday at 4.20am, naps of 1 hour and an unplanned CN in the car of 15 mins that ruined my plan of EBT! He finally went to sleep at 7.20pm! So again this morning at 4.30am! ??? Could not resettle and caved in and fed at 5.30. He slept then from 6-6.40!! Ladies what do you think of this? Does it sound UT? His A time is 3 hrs 20 mins already! Does he need more? Think I will start a post about this I can't do anymore 4.30 starts! :( :(

Hugs to all the other momma's with EW! Hiw do we fix it? ??? It's exhausting! Oh and welcome to  :)

Offline Eva's Mummy

• Gail
« Reply #236 on: April 16, 2013, 08:07:05 am »
Mummyof james if you find the magic answer please tell me. We had a great 1 sta nap of 2 hours which pushed our 2nd nap to 4:10 so i was planning a short nap but when i put her down for her nap after 3hrs 15mins (which we have been doing for ages) she was OT so woke 35 mins later really grumpy so we did BT 2hrs later as she was rubbing her eyes, crying and cranky. She went doen like a little angel not a peep from her just closed her eyes and went to sleep. Then she needed resettling 30mins later, then she woke at 2:55 wide awake and wouldn't re-settle so i eneded up feeded her. I only made a 4oz bottle but she dained it and went back in her cot awake and fell asleep until 6am.

Now we are up and i have no idea what i am doing anymore, even when we have good naps we can't do it right and she used to be so easy.

I wonder if we are all in the same boat and teeth are really playing a big part in this.

My angel baby girl

Offline Mummy23boys

• Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #237 on: April 16, 2013, 08:24:26 am »
Oh yes teeth are defo throwing things off here. One came up and there is one nearly through. Maybe there is more I'm unaware of too! Unfortunately for us DS2 is then waking DS1 and vice versa so its a nightmare! :(

Offline Eva's Mummy

• Gail
« Reply #238 on: April 16, 2013, 08:52:53 am »
It seems nothing we do is helping is it?

I went totally wrong this morning i think. She woke at 6 and we left her chatting on and off in her cot until 6:30 so now it's nap time i counted my A from 6 when she woke but she seemed wide awake so i gave her another 15mins but she didn't go down well, now i dn't know if she was UT ot OT second wind.

Do you ever leave your LO chatting in the cot, if so when do you start counting your A time from wake up or when they get up?

My angel baby girl

Offline ZacsMumme

• Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #239 on: April 16, 2013, 09:05:19 am »
M2j hugs...and EM too!
We have EW as WELL ours is constipation related ::) and stupid teeth.
I'm giving up lol
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.