Author Topic: Anyone want to talk about the 3-2 Nap transition? Part 2  (Read 75361 times)

Offline Mummy23boys

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 5
Re: Anyone want to talk about the 3-2 Nap transition? Part 2
« Reply #240 on: April 16, 2013, 09:21:56 am »
Eva I always leave him chatting in the cot! Once he's not crying. I would have gone from his wake time too not get up time. A time is from eyes open to eyes closed from what I'm aware of. Hope the rest of your day is better! And mine too lol!
Sara oh hugs to you too! Think ill give up too--I'm so over it! ;)

Offline K-JDA

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #241 on: April 16, 2013, 09:34:52 am »
Morning and big hugs to all and welcome Frantastic20!

Another EW here too - 5.20 which is the latest in a while and managed to get him back to sleep til 6.15 (although couldn't put him down as he kept stirring so just sat there in the dark!!!). 5 weeks and counting of EWs now and am getting sick of them now!!

Our A times are now at 3hr15ish and by basically not leaving the house much since Saturday we have managed good 1.5hr naps so feel we are getting there but I seriously would have hoped the EWs would be improving by now! DS is an 11hr sleeper so only need to push a little further do you think and we are there??

M2J - I think it is a good idea to post something about this as it sounds like we are in a similar position?

EM - I would count awake from wake up rather than get up if they are chatting.

Frantastic - the approach I have taken is to slowly extend A times every few days starting with the 1st A and if a good nap then extend the next one and so on. I used a CN to start with or an EBT - total trial and error on this. Agree it is a tough day if you can't resettle after the EW - if I can't then my tactic is to hold in the dark and cover his eyes with his lovey!

Offline Eva's Mummy

• Showing Appreciation 14
  • Gail
« Reply #242 on: April 16, 2013, 09:53:13 am »
Kate - another 5 mins on your A time and you should be there for a 13hr day / 11hr night  :D

Well it doesn't seem to be as bad as i thought, we did a 3hrs 35min first A and its 1hr 10mins and she has just woke up. I guess maybeshe can do a longer first A since she was just chilling in her cot for the first 30mins, i prob should have given her a wee bit longer still. Its so hard to know what to do isn't it.

My beautiful spirited little angel

My angel baby girl

Offline lily_layne

• Showing Appreciation 65
« Reply #243 on: April 16, 2013, 16:18:52 pm »
EM - Just to confuse the issue (sorry) I always find it works best to count A time from the time I get her up not when she wakes up. I know some people count it at half the amount of time.  I think you just need to find what works for you (which is rarely an easy task ;)).

Kate - Have you tried feeding when he EWs?  My LO was waking at 4 or 5 for a long while and I always just fed her (I don't have the stamina for MOTN resettling - I admire you for being able to do it!) and she went into her crib awake and would go back to sleep until 6:30/7. Now, she often STTN. If your days are getting better but you're still getting EWs, I'd think it might be hunger. 
DD - August 2012
DS - November 2014

Offline Eva's Mummy

• Gail
« Reply #244 on: April 16, 2013, 17:09:14 pm »
I think you are right she could prob have done the full A time from when i got her up. It's juyst so hard as your trying to not get an OT nap. One day i'll crack it  ;D

My angel baby girl

Offline ZacsMumme

• Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #245 on: April 16, 2013, 18:39:57 pm »
Well...last night was the best we have had in ages! ::) 6.30-5.45 with 1 ENW and 1 NF 10.30

Anyway. LL I think with T I have to do this, count A from getting up not in the cot awake. Z did 1/2 A in the cot but was touchy. T seems to be it if I try this method!

Remember OT naps are easier to resettle than UT...especially if you have time to work on resettling.
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

Offline frantastic20

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #246 on: April 16, 2013, 20:38:45 pm »
Thanks for the suggestions/comments/welcomes  :D

We stayed awake until 8am, but then only got a 35 min nap (long enough to shower at least) which messed the day up since we were supposed to start baby massage at 11.30 - which would have been prime cranky time as he would have been needing another nap.  So I said sod it, chucked him in the pushchair and we went for a lovely canal walk in the sunshine, resulting in a second nap of 1hr 50, finishing at 2pm (my dad and I even got a pub lunch finished just before he woke!).  I didn't quite get home in time, but managed an EBT of 6pm so we'll see how that goes.

It might be good as he is really constipated and was off his milk (when he wasn't biting down on my nipples whilst trying to do a poo), so he might wake early for his night feed and he's usually easier to settle if he wakes early (plus it's hubby's job if he wakes before 5am so I get to sleep if nothing else!)

We have no teeth yet, the odd day of drool and fist chewing, but nothing so far!  Constipation since weaning is a problem for us.  Lactulose tomorrow!

Offline jcsmom

• Showing Appreciation 7
  • We're in Toronto, Canada
« Reply #247 on: April 16, 2013, 22:03:18 pm »
Ladies, I just want everyone's opinion for what to do. My dd is 7 mos in 2 days and her A's are super low. 2-2.5 as I can't seem to get her to nap. All her naps are now 20-35 mins and she is fighting the cn despite being awake most of the day! Did sebt last night and it went ok but naps were still no good.
Is she OT or UT causing OT? She was sttn the night for 12 hrs straight and I didn't up her A's.
I need some guidance as this happens a lot here. Good naps/nights for a few weeks then all goes to pot!

Offline Papaya

• Showing Appreciation 79
    • It's a dangerous thing, stepping out your front door...
« Reply #248 on: April 17, 2013, 05:31:55 am »
My dd is 7 mos in 2 days and her A's are super low. 2-2.5 as I can't seem to get her to nap.

You're right that those A times are super low, hun. I really can't see her doing better naps until you push her A time to a more age-appropriate length - so at least 3hrs, and get rid of the catnap. Yes, she may be OT at first, but it doesn't sound like she's coping so well at the moment, so what have you got to lose? xx
*Nuala*

Offline Eva's Mummy

• Gail
« Reply #249 on: April 17, 2013, 06:42:46 am »
Woo hoo we went to bed at 6 an woke at 6:30 with no NW, apart from a couple of ENW 30mins after bed. Hopefully we are getting back on track now.

How did everyone else's night's go x

My angel baby girl

Offline ZacsMumme

• You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #250 on: April 17, 2013, 06:45:06 am »
My dd is 7 mos in 2 days and her A's are super low. 2-2.5 as I can't seem to get her to nap.

You're right that those A times are super low, hun. I really can't see her doing better naps until you push her A time to a more age-appropriate length - so at least 3hrs, and get rid of the catnap. Yes, she may be OT at first, but it doesn't sound like she's coping so well at the moment, so what have you got to lose? xx

^^ this. Hun were holding your hand. Go for it!

We had a good day too. As of 2hr50,3 and 3.hr15 but T was grumpy at BT. Hope he isn't getting my bug and it's just a touch of OT.
***Sara***

Offline K-JDA

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #251 on: April 17, 2013, 09:31:47 am »
Sounds like some of us are making progress - nice one!

We had an ok day but woke after 30 mins from 2nd nap and had another 40 mins when resettled and still a 4.50 EW so I just fed and put back down, think he fell asleep at about 6 and slept til 7.10. Think I have pushed A times as far as I can for the moment so am holding at 3.10/15 for a bit. Just put him down now after 3hr10 so we will see what happens. Since the EWs have not improved although A times are now over 3 hrs I am a bit stumped as to what to do next...picking up on EMs point I think I am just going to feed and put back down awake for the next few days to encourage getting back to sleep himself rather than me rocking etc and stop stressing about the EWs and treat as a night feed. What does everyone think?

Offline lily_layne

• Showing Appreciation 65
« Reply #252 on: April 17, 2013, 17:23:29 pm »
I think I am just going to feed and put back down awake for the next few days to encourage getting back to sleep himself rather than me rocking etc and stop stressing about the EWs and treat as a night feed. What does everyone think?
This sounds like a good plan.  How old is your LO?  Is he eating solids?  If not, this could be a sign that he's ready for more food.
DD - August 2012
DS - November 2014

Offline ZacsMumme

• You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #253 on: April 17, 2013, 18:35:49 pm »
We had a great I gut for us! One ENW then STTN till 4 - feed and up at 6.10 :) he was down at 6.30 last night so I'm Stoked. Probably going to get a terrible day now lol

Kate - I would feed. But I'm a sook! Agree with LL too ;)
***Sara***

Offline jcsmom

• Showing Appreciation 7
  • We're in Toronto, Canada
« Reply #254 on: April 18, 2013, 00:10:50 am »
Thanks everyone. Today did not go well when we upped her As. We got 2 26 minute naps. The first I was able to resettle but she kept waking after 10-15 mins. She also woke 10 mins into the nap and had a hard time settling. We put her to bed at 5:15. She slept 20 mins then cried until her normal bedtime. I am not even sure upping her As is what I need to do. She was giddy and loopy by the end of the day she could barely see straight.