Author Topic: Help, 7 month old refusing feeds!  (Read 1033 times)

Offline maddlies

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: July 07, 2012, 05:11:46 am »
Hi all

Im struggling to get my lo to have more than 4oz of formula at a time. he has been teething and his first tooth popped through a couple of days ago.
I follow the save our sleep routines, but he is such a catnapper still. he has stopped taking his 11am and 3pm bottles. he loves his solids.
routine is
E: 0730 4oz, solids after
S: 1hr
E 1100 - refusing, solids after
S: 40mins
E: 3oz at 3pm
S: another short catnap from 4.30-5pm
E: solids at 1700, then 4oz bottle at 1830
S: 7pm till morning with a dreamfeed at 11pm of 6oz

how long does it take for teething to stop causing problems with feeding.

lucas arches his back and crys when the bottle goes near him, and seems not to be hungry at all during the day.

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: Help, 7 month old refusing feeds!
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 10:46:41 am »
How much solids is he eating? It could well be that along with the teeth he is filling up on solids so isn't hungry for milk. From 6 months they need a MINIMUM of 20oz of milk with solids and milk is still their main source of nutrition until they get to 1. I would be thinking about scaling solids right back until his milk intake picks up again and then slowly increase the amount of solids again. The DF could also be having an impact so it may be worth thinking about dropping that now too.

Laura

Offline maddlies

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 23:51:47 pm »
thnkas, he has about half a cup of solids at breakfast and midday, and ive stopped his dinner solids, as he refuses his bottle if he has it. he has about 22oz of formula a day, and i am trying to wean him off his dreamfeed this week, so hopefully this increases his day feeds