Author Topic: morning snack time too early?  (Read 1325 times)

Offline lilisuze

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 46
« on: July 10, 2012, 09:06:01 am »
my DS and 12 month old DD are in a strange eating pattern, can anyone give advice on how to handle it?

morning cereal and DD has milk about 715. they both eat well at this time, normally something else too, crumpets, or fruit takes til about 8am.

by 915, DS is asking for more food, I don't think it's boredom or anything like that, I offer either toast or fruit, although he always asks for ice cream lol! DD eats the same snack at this time

DD has a morning nap, but is not very hungry for lunch at 12. DS eats lunch fine most days

what do you think? just go with the flow. they're both tiny, down on 9 th centile so I don't really worry about what they eat!
Little dude (2008) spirited monkey boy
Little pink (2011) textbook princess

Offline amayzie

• Pinterest Ninja
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 250
Re: morning snack time too early?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 10:31:09 am »
I would say go with it- My guy always eats MUCH more in the morning for breakfast than later in the day. Your little bundles may not be able to eat as much at once as my guy and prefer to have 'second breakfast'- but still like to eat more calories in the morning...

The way we organise food in the morning: Milk feed at 7am (when he wakes... so this morning was earlier..) then breakfast at about 8 or 8.15 or so. He has weetbix and milk, about half a cup of dry cereal that looks like 'cheerios' (but they taste AWFUL!! HAve no salt or sugar!!), about 3/4 cup natural yoghurt and a piece of fruit. So he probably has as much as your guy but in one sitting.
Katy, Mummy to Hamish!