Author Topic: what time to feed lunch to a 13 month old?  (Read 1580 times)

Offline rosiejones

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • my little monkey
what time to feed lunch to a 13 month old?
« on: July 19, 2012, 17:51:56 pm »
Hello sorry if this is in the wrong place, I wasn't sure where it was best to go!
I just had a query rabout when it is best to feed my LO lunch once they are down to 1 nap. She is 13 months.
She wakes approx 7am and has breakfast 9am. If her 1 nap is from 11.30 for approx 2.5 hours ( once we get there!) is it best to give lunch after nap or a brunch to keep her going beforehand?
any ideas appreciated thank you....
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 22:32:17 pm by Jaime »

Offline Lemonthyme

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 29
    • Mamacook
Feeding a 13 month old
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 17:55:19 pm »
I'd make your own thread but in answer to your question, personally I'd move breakfast earlier and have lunch at 11 and a snack at at 2 but then I'm an early morning person.  As long as it doesn't affect your LO's sleep then you could have breakfast at 9 and lunch at 2.  IMO I'd be guided by your child and what works for you.
Here's my blog which is focussed on simple food for babies, toddlers and families http://mamacook.blogspot.com/

Offline Hedgehog17

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 71
Re: what time to feed lunch to a 13 month old?
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 12:32:06 pm »
I always gave DS lunch after his nap until he was able to stay up until midday, then we switched lunch to 11.30am.

Now he's ok with lunch anywhere from 11.30 - 12.15 and goes down at about 12.30pm for a 2 hour nap.