Author Topic: Being touched by Tracy.  (Read 5227 times)

Offline lullaby

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Being touched by Tracy.
« on: October 03, 2011, 20:52:01 pm »
When my baby was born 7 weeks early I was at a complete loss as to what to do. I was in shock I think and I didn't have a lot of support. It was in the middle of freezing conditions so no-one could travel to me when he came home from hospital and my family support was very limited. My husband was working a lot and because of the weather he often couldn't get home so I spent quite a good few mights alone doing the night feeds. I was also expressing breast milk so my time up at night was long and lonely, by the time I expressed and fed my baby who had quite a slow suck 2 hours would have passed. It was during these nights that I came across a series of episodes "The Baby Whisperer". I was hooked from the first minute and hit series link on the sky plus  :)
I think I only saw a handful of episodes, maybe 10? Maybe less I can't really recall, I just know that from that moment on I was a BW follower by religion!! Joseph was already in such a great routine, he had been in hospital for 2 weeks after being born so the midwives had him in a great routine and it wasn't miles away from Tracy's theories. But Tracy helped me to understand things like interpretting his cry and working out his moods....helping him to put himself to sleep....I could swim in a pool of gratitude for her help. I have definitely got a mix between an Angel baby and a Spirited baby (actually he's a toddler now) and I love every inch of him. I appreciate every minute spent with him and love how independent and happy and confident he is. I have taken some serious criticism from family for the way he is, the tease how he goes to bed at "Exactly 8.15pm" (their words not mine, I can be flexible and he adapts easily  ;)) they also tell me I am a strict mother, because my sisters all have children who still sleep in their parents beds (even at age 5) and only go to bed when their parents do (11pm). They sneer my routine with mealtimes and how I am so organised in most things. They tell me when they see I bake cakes that I have too much time on my hands despite the fact that I am the only one of all my sisters who works full time.
But I smile to myself when I look in on Joseph at night-time because I know my routines and organised ways are giving him the best start in life. He rarely fusses and seems to be always laughing. I'm not perfect, but I am happy and that's worth so much to me when I worried I would feel over-whelmed and depressed with this new and challanging role.
Tracy, rest in peace, I regularly think of you and count you twice when thanking God for my blessings xx
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 20:55:09 pm by lullaby »

Offline ~Sara~

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 264
Re: Being touched by Tracy.
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 21:00:35 pm »
How wonderful :)  Thank you for sharing your story.

*hugs*
*formerly tersaseda*

Offline Roseii

• Showing Appreciation 198
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 21:33:17 pm »
What a lovely post xxx
Blessed mum to two home-birthed darling water babies

hey you with the pretty face, welcome to the human race

Offline Lana

• Dragon Lady
  • Administrator
  • Showing Appreciation 1103
  • Red Ninjini
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2011, 23:40:21 pm »
Thank you so much for sharing that with us!

Offline simplypositive

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 20:02:49 pm »
That was a very nice read, thank you! You went through hard times but you showed strength, that's something rare these days!