Author Topic: help needed!  (Read 864 times)

Offline shab2289

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: July 26, 2012, 12:21:15 pm »
 my son is 5 weeks old and weights 11lbs and 4 oz. he formula fed and drinks 2-3oz every 2 hours. how do i make him last for 3 hours the least..he is up 1.5-2 hours during the night, ive tried encouraging him to drink milk by slipping the teat into his mouth but he moves his head or just keeps it his mouth. help plzzz xx

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: help needed!
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 19:20:22 pm »
Welcome to the boards and congrats on your new baby!

Not all new babies will be able to go 3 hours between feeds yet, he is still very small and growing really rapidly. The early months are pretty much constant growth spurts so they do need the calories. Have you read Tracy's books - are you familiar with the EASY routine?

How long is it taking him to drink his feeds? Is he giving you clear hungry signals when you do feed him? Is he showing any signs of discomfort at all? How well is he napping during the day?

Sorry for all the questions but more information will help us to help you!

Laura

Offline shab2289

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 22:31:57 pm »
hi,
my son takes from 15 mins to 30 mins feeding it varies with him. if he is full he wont take any more and if i force him he will  leave the bottle in his mouth. when he is hungry he moves side to side or sucks his fingers but sometimes wakes up and after about 5- 10 mins he cries for milk. I cant tell to be honest if he's uncomfortable, sometimes if he needs winding after a feed, he does get agitated.
he naps are all over the place at times but mostly has naps 1.5-2 hourly in morning and in evening around 5,6ish he doesn't settle keeps waking up and is unsettled. i have tried the dummy but does seem to like it. he will only take it if he's hungry and sucks really hard.
yes i have read the book and am still trying to make EASY work..its okay in mornings but when it is afternoons and evening..i don't know how implement it. how much should my son sleep and how long should he sleep during day naps?