Author Topic: 10 mo has 4-5 bowel movements = too much solid?  (Read 1232 times)

Offline lokloktang

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
10 mo has 4-5 bowel movements = too much solid?
« on: July 28, 2012, 15:27:45 pm »
10 mo DS has many bowel movements (good poo) on certain days. Does it mean I'm feeding him too much solid?

He eats about  2/3 bowl of porridge of grain (oat or rice) + protein + veggie/fruit combined for lunch and dinner. For breakfast he eats 1/4 10% yogurt plus a banana, or oatmeal with blueberries n tofu.

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
Re: 10 mo has 4-5 bowel movements = too much solid?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 21:21:28 pm »
Not sure what size bowl you use so not sure if it is too much! A whole banana in a sitting is a lot for a 10 month old though TBH.

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: 10 mo has 4-5 bowel movements = too much solid?
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 07:37:24 am »
I have a small boy who is a big eater.  He would easily eat a whole banana + when he was that age.
The important thing is that your LO still takes milk and that the BMs are not diarrhoea or constipation (you say they are good).
I did baby led weaning so he ate as much or as little as he needed without necessarily measuring things out.  He used to do 5 or 7 poos per day.
I know another boy who was traditionally weaned who is also petite and did 7 poos per day.  Neither of them are over weight or were fed too much.  I think some LOs just do a lot of BMs!

for what it's worth when I started potty training the number of poos reduced.  I'm convinced my DS doesn't like the feel of poo in his nappy so only lets out the minimum in one go.
On the potty he does 1 to 3 per day.  At his 'worst' time he did up to 10 per day in the nappy.