Author Topic: Dropping from 4 bottles to 3 at 8 months?  (Read 1017 times)

Offline babymunkey

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 38
  • Helen.....call me H
Dropping from 4 bottles to 3 at 8 months?
« on: July 29, 2012, 19:50:40 pm »
Just wondering - I can't remember when we did this with H or how?

Miss Pickle is mucking about something chronic with her daytime bottles. She is well established on solids (understatement of the year - she eats everything we put in front of her and/or that she can get her hands on - it all goes in, munch it up, stuff it down, now THAT's what I call HUNGRY!!))

She is still having 1 early am/NF bottle - varies between 5 and 6.30 - we have had 1 or 2 complete STTNs so I'm hoping that's not too far away from becoming a more regular thing!! But she will still take a full 8/9oz feed.

Then she's not really that bothered about her morning bottle and mid pm bottle - BT bottle is always a winner. Her feeding routine is something like....

05 - 06.30
Bottle (NF)  will usually go back to sleep if more like 5 ish.

Breakfast - 2 cubes of porridge with fruit puree, plus a few fingers of bread/bagel/toast and/or maybe some fruit and water

9.30 - 10.30  - Morning Bottle - made up to 9oz, but mostly only drinks 5/6

12.30/13.00    Lunch - 2 cubes of puree, plus finger foods and water

2.30 - 3.30      Afternoon bottle - ditto am bottle

5.30               Dinner - ditto lunch

6.30/7            BT bottle - 7 - 9 OZ

When you go down to 3 bottles I can't remember when they would fall?

TIA!

Offline clairebear79

• Claire
  • Showing Appreciation 49
  • My grown up boy! 12 months old
Re: Dropping from 4 bottles to 3 at 8 months?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 20:12:24 pm »
DS dropped to 3 bottles at around 8 months & we did one at breakfast time, one mid afternoon when he woke from nap & then one at bedtime.  We found that losing the morning one meant he started to drink more at his afternoon one.  We replaced the morning bottle with a small snack.

There is no hard & fast rule about when you have to give the feeds though.

If your DD is still having her feed as early as 5am she might want her feed a little earlier as its a long time to wait til 2.30pm!  So you could maybe keep the morning one but ditch the afternoon one?  Or offer it at lunchtime instead?  A friend of mine did that & her DS would eat his lunch followed by his bottle of milk, which she eventually switched to a cup.  She found it great because it meant she could go out all morning or all afternoon with no faffing about with milk feeds!

HTH.x

Offline babymunkey

• Showing Appreciation 38
  • Helen.....call me H
Re: Dropping from 4 bottles to 3 at 8 months?
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 20:20:53 pm »
Thanks hun - that's given me something to think about. I think we defo need to drop one - She has 1 long nap on the morning and only a catnap in the pm. I think I'd keep the am bottle just to ensure she doesn't wake from her nap cos she's hungry. that also means that most mornings we stay around near home and tend to go out in the pm, so the pm one might be the better one to push out. I'll keep an eye out over the next few days and see if she's taking more am or pm....