Author Topic: 15 month ideas  (Read 2469 times)

Offline Maxdrewe

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
15 month ideas
« on: July 30, 2012, 20:03:37 pm »
Hi all

This is probably a really stupid question but I am struggling for ideas for activities with my little man inside and out- I am getting fed up of the park and he loves shops but there are only so many trips!!
Clare, Mummy to Max xxxx

Offline londonlady

• Showing Appreciation 18
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 20:37:22 pm »
Hi,
My DD is a similar age and she loves packing and unpacking things at the moment. She does it with my handbag, the washing basket and the box where I keep the nappies / wipes in our lounge...
So, I'm planning to put together a treasure basket of unusual textures, shapes, sounds (like pasta or rice in a plastic tub that she can shake) so that she can unpack them all from the basket, investigate, then (hopefully) put them all back in again. Probably won't be as alluring as my handbag or other stuff that she's not supposed to touch, but I can try!! :)

You could do it with a (non plastic) shopping bag (and even play going to the shops at home) clothes or even tea towels...

She also loves music, so we either play stuff on the piano / keyboard or do some action songs.

Rachel. x

Offline ZacsMumme

• Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
Re: 15 month ideas
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 23:54:46 pm »
Do you have a yard? Is he walking?
If so my DS LOVED the hose at this age, with buckets etc. throwing stones in puddles and exploring the garden.
We go to the beach, rivers/domains, feed ducks and garden togethers.

Inside is harder...well for me it was! At 15 mths Z was just starting to build well, blocks, nesting cups etc, duplo, dive on cushions, make a fort out of blankets, anything car, train or digger related.

Do OU have playgroups?
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

Offline RachelC

• Girl Scout Extraordinaire
  • Showing Appreciation 865
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 11:08:54 am »

Proud to have breastfed for a combined total of 35 months

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 21:10:05 pm »
When you're fed up on the park take a trip to the pet shop.
It's free and you get to see loads of fish, guinea pigs, rabbits, hamsters, meal worm, crickets...
and when they are bored or that they can play with the dog toys :)

Or, sounds a little crazy but go to a train station and just sit and watch people/trains for a bit.  or look up where has roads works then park nearby and walk up to the road works to look at diggers, rollers, men in hard hats etc.  DS is obsessed with diggers and had a GREAT time just walking up our road when it was being re-surfaced for 6 weeks.  He would pull to stop at a barrier and just look at the men and machines.  A couple of times I took his snack out with us to make a trip of it even though we were only minutes from home!
These sorts of trips (airports, bus depot, supermarket when you don't need to buy stuff, markets, car or bike shop etc) offer great sensory experience with a range of new sights, sounds and smells.

We also do an easy trip to the local shop (walking distance) when I don't need anything or only a couple of items.  DS carries his little shopping basket there and back and chooses a piece of fruit to buy (put in basket, transfer to checkout then back in basket) and I let him put my times into my basket too. We stop outside the shop for a leg rest and to eat his fruit before heading home.  Only works if he's able to walk there though and helps to begin teaching what is acceptable behaviour in shops.

Offline ZacsMumme

• Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 22:04:27 pm »
Omg Z loves the train station, airport and construction sites! and pet shop. I forgot about them ;)
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2012, 07:35:19 am »
Garden centre or DIY centre are good too.  DS likes to look at the power tools and LOVES a walk around the various flowers.  It's a different experience if you aren't in a hurry and trying to buy all sorts that you need.

My DD is a similar age and she loves packing and unpacking things at the moment.
Same with DS.  I save smallish boxes, put some stickers on the outside (and sometimes inside) and put one of his toys in.  He loves discovering it and just taking it out and putting it back in.
Loads of fill and dump to.  I'm always thinking of new multiple items he can fill and dump with and different containers to change it up too.

Offline *Becky*

• Showing Appreciation 255
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2012, 05:58:35 am »
good thread :)

I am struggling a bit when inside.....M was not all that interested when I did a treasure basket recently but will try again. She does like her books and musical instruments but I am looking for more ideas...

Henry James and Martha Rose - my spirited pair!