Author Topic: 3.5 months and not taking DF  (Read 1023 times)

Offline deliamar

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 03, 2012, 15:27:20 pm »
Hi all,

I need help with DF!! My first lo had no issues taking the DF so it was very easy but now my second lo (3.5 months old) is not interested on it. He goes to sleep around 8pm, his last bottle is at 7.30pm(6oz), we normally give him his DF at 10.30-11.00 pm but he only takes (2oz or 3oz). During the day he takes 4 bottles of 6oz and 1 bottle of 4oz.

I am thinking to avoid the DF and see if he wakes up at night to feed as now he just makes noises and wakes up around 5.20am.

Any tips as how I can improve DF or can it be a good idea to avoid it and see what happens?

Thanks!!!

D

Offline RachelC

• Girl Scout Extraordinaire
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 865
Re: 3.5 months and not taking DF
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 01:49:18 am »
Hi!

How is it going?  Did you decide to try going a night without the DF?  Looks like he is getting enough during the day, maybe he doesn't need the DF at this point. 

Proud to have breastfed for a combined total of 35 months

Offline deliamar

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 17:09:29 pm »
Hi Rachel,

I haven't tried it yet as I am nervous about him starting to wake up at night and later for this to be a prop! The past couple of days he has taken again only 2 oz, he is in deep sleep!

Yesterday he took the 2 oz and slept until 5.45am this morning, and no need of shsh pat at 4am ( he normally complains at that time) I will see how it goes.

At the moment I am not sure if I should wake up around 1am and try to give the DF at that time at least he is not awake or wait and see how long he can last. What do you think?

Thanks for your response!

D

Offline RachelC

• Girl Scout Extraordinaire
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 865
Re: 3.5 months and not taking DF
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 02:19:47 am »
I would try dropping it, honestly.  You could try moving it earlier to try to catch him in a different part of his sleep cycle, but I wouldn't go later.  Seems clear that he doesn't really need it.

Let us know how it goes!

Proud to have breastfed for a combined total of 35 months