Author Topic: Going out and having guests during the day while trying to keep EASY schedule  (Read 2059 times)

Offline BethanyM

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
I am just starting my LO on the EASY schedule.  How do you plan trips out during the day (ex. grocery shopping) around that schedule. Also what about having guests over to see her during the day.  What if they come during her nap and want to hold her and to wake her. Will this undo what we have been trying to achieve?

Offline amayzie

• Pinterest Ninja
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 250
How old is your LO?

You have to find a bit of a balance. An EASY would run MUCH better if you stayed home all day every day and never sa anyone- you'd be a rocking mess in the corner- but at least the EASY would be good ;P SO- you need to find what works. For us we would tend to stay home in the morning let him bank a good morning nap (it was his longest) and then head out for the outing after that. LEt him do a nap in the car, or the pram, and then one at home. It's a good plan though to avoid a tired, cranky baby to arrange a day or so at home for every day you go out. This lets them get back into the routine and have some good feeds. If you carry on your life as it was- out every day till late etc- you will have a very cranky baby!

With people coming over i would always in the early days ring my mum AS SOON as he woke up- she lives 20 mins away- so by the time he'd finished the feed she'd be here, get a cuddle and then he'd be in bed again. Once they are a little older you can suggest that people come at a time when they are sleeping less. So with my guy i would suggest people came for lunch or afternoon tea- that way between the eating and everthing they would get to see hamish awake at SOME point! Generally thoug- babies need their rest, and i would not wake him in the middle of a nap JUST so nanna, or a favourite auntie can have a hold. I know right now it seems that they need to have a hold al the time- but there are SO many opportunities for cuddles etc later on when it isn't interrupting sleep.

BUT- if it's a family member that you never see and they can only come in a tiny window that is over the nap- it's fine to wake your LO up- just don't stress about that day and try to have a more settled day at home the next day. TBH you really can't 'muck it up' even if you do get out of routine you just have to do some work to get it back. It's never too late!
Katy, Mummy to Hamish!

Offline BethanyM

• Showing Appreciation 0
She is 4 weeks old.  Thank you for your advice!  It's good to hear I'm not going to ruin her schedule by doing those things!

Offline amayzie

• Pinterest Ninja
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 250
No no no!! At 4 weeks too take advantage of her portability! My guy would pretty much sleep anywhere at that age! Get her into the capsule, the pram or a baby carrier and get out into the sunshine (or the shopping mall!). Just finding a balance is the important part!
Katy, Mummy to Hamish!

Offline BethanyM

• Showing Appreciation 0