Author Topic: When to start 4hr EASY  (Read 1204 times)

Offline GreysMom

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 08, 2012, 22:20:14 pm »
LO is 5 months and 1 week old.  We have been following the 3hr EASY routine since he was about 6 weeks old.  At first, it was really successful and he began STTN at 8 weeks old.  This was his schedule:

7am - E 4-5oz
7-830am - A
830-10am - S
10am - E 4-5oz
10-1130 - A
1130-1pm - S
1pm - E 4-5oz
1-230pm - A
230-4pm - S
4pm - E 4-5oz
4-530pm - A
530-7pm - S
7pm (Night time routine):  E 4-5 oz, bath time, story time, a long walk with Daddy, in bed by 8:30pm.
1030pm: Dreamfeed.

He would sleep until about 4-430am, wake up, I would re-swaddle, put him back to bed and he would sleep until about 6am.

Now he is 22 weeks and is starting to wake several times a night. I dropped his dreamfeed at 4 months.  I am thinking maybe he needs to switch to a 4hr EASY and maybe that will help him sleep longer at night?

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: When to start 4hr EASY
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 07:42:54 am »
I think your nightwakings could be because h is undertired if you are still on the same routine. Babies (especially formula fed) are usually on a 4 hour EASY by 4 months and by 5 months we would be expecting a baby to be doing 2-2.5 hours A time. At this age they would have 2 long naps and a cat nap which then turns into 2 naps by about 7 months. My DD was a high A times baby and was already on 2 naps at the age your LO is!

Have a look at this link which gives some sample routines for babies your LO's age http://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=164029.0

I would start by pushing your A times and the E times gradually by 10/15 mins every 3 or 4 days until you get to the 4 hours E times and longer A times. If you do it too suddenly you will make him overtired!

What do you think?

Laura

Offline GreysMom

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 16:13:38 pm »
I think your nightwakings could be because h is undertired if you are still on the same routine. Babies (especially formula fed) are usually on a 4 hour EASY by 4 months and by 5 months we would be expecting a baby to be doing 2-2.5 hours A time. At this age they would have 2 long naps and a cat nap which then turns into 2 naps by about 7 months. My DD was a high A times baby and was already on 2 naps at the age your LO is!

Have a look at this link which gives some sample routines for babies your LO's age http://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=164029.0

I would start by pushing your A times and the E times gradually by 10/15 mins every 3 or 4 days until you get to the 4 hours E times and longer A times. If you do it too suddenly you will make him overtired!

What do you think?

Laura

I absolutely agree and will try your suggestions.  Thanks so much!