Author Topic: How to make your LO brush her teeth??  (Read 2034 times)

Offline Marie-O

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 4
  • Cute little feet
How to make your LO brush her teeth??
« on: August 09, 2012, 01:20:44 am »
Hello!
I'm batteling every morning and night with my 21month DD who loves to grab and suck the toothbrush but won't let me brush her teeth >:(
I always brush my teeth at the same time and show her how it's done, I even made up a song, she loves that moment with me but as soon as I try to help her with the brush she pushes me and starts running so it's impossible to have her teeth "really" brushed  :(
I was hoping that with time this phase will pass and eventually she will start learning or at least letting me brush her teeth to show her right....but it's been too long now, it's time to get serious with this.

Any ideas??

Thanks!!
Marie
Marie

Offline lilybug25

• Showing Appreciation 20
Re: How to make your LO brush her teeth??
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 17:21:04 pm »
We lat her brush then have a go if she will let us. sometimes she does others no. Honestly having her sister geting her "teeth"aka gums brushed every night helps alot now too. Could you brush the dog's teeth at the same time LOL?

Offline essexlemon

• Showing Appreciation 10
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 17:46:13 pm »
With DD1 I insist on brushing them first and then he gets a dab more toothpaste to do them himself. If I let him do them first no way will he let me do it so it's a Mummy first rule.

He is also frightened his teeth will fall out after my Dad showed him he has two teeth on a plate and said he didn't look after his teeth well enough (he knocked them out clowning around as a kid so it's an all-out fib)

Do you know anyone with dentures who would be willing?
My husband is running 13.1 miles in the Great North Run in memory of my brother. Please can you help us raise funds for the Cardiomyopathy Association in his memory?
https://www.justgiving.com/RichardDahler/

Offline skatty

• Showing Appreciation 352
  • My spirited girl
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 19:31:41 pm »
Katt

Offline Marie-O

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • Cute little feet
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 01:08:02 am »
Essexlemom you've made me laugh so hard with the denture story!! That's hilarious! I'll try to find someone who can show her LOL!
She's still too young to really understand the importance of brushing, she still takes it as a game.
I try not to stress too much but I really think is time to strat brushing her teeth right.
DH and I always brush our teeth with her, showing her how is done, we will keep encouraging her and giving good example.

Lylibug we don't have a dog! LOL, but could be a cool idea.

Saktty thanks for the thread I'll take a look at it ;)
Marie