Author Topic: times when feedin??  (Read 938 times)

Offline champagnelou83

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 09, 2012, 22:18:49 pm »
Hi my baby is 9 weeks tom started easy last week but seem to have lost track of things. Do you think it would be better to try and make sure she feeds every 2.5 to 3 hours, just she fed at 7.30 today and not again till half 11 the rest of the day went pearshaped as her last feed was nearly half 8 then she was bathed and it took till near half 9 to settle! So should I aim to feed her at 7-10 -1-4-7 dreamfeed at 10.30 or should I wait till she is hungry even if its 4 hours after last feed! Hope this makes sense?

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: times when feedin??
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 08:18:26 am »
A 3 hour feeding pattern is right for a 9 week old - a 3 hour EASY is what Tracy recommends until about 4 months. I would keep to that as you get the calories into her during the day and hopefully not the night! If she is showing hunger signs before the 3 hours you can follow her cues though!

HTH!

Laura

Offline champagnelou83

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 08:46:38 am »
Hey thanks woke her at 7 today to get times a bit better! With dreamfeed she
 has been sleeping right through night till half 7-8! ;D she takes between 150-170 ml per feed and about 90 with her dreamfeed. Fingers crossed getting her into a better routine with her feeds will make the rest of EASY easier!

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: times when feedin??
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 09:06:11 am »
Sounds like you are both doing really well! I'm not at all jealous of your nights :P - my DS was nearly 2 before he slept through more than the odd night and DD was over 8 months!

If she is naturally sleeping until 7.30 you can have that as your wake up time and then bedtime would be 7.30 to keep to a 12 hour day/night. You can just run a 3 hour EASY from wake up time so she would feed 7.30/ 10.30/ 1.30 etc. Do whatever works best for you all!

Laura