Author Topic: Where to let her crawl????  (Read 7327 times)

Offline Kirsten~

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 8
Re: Where to let her crawl????
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2012, 17:24:09 pm »
If you have my little spirited kids...you will eventually just relocate the food b/c the sheer determination to get past me and disregard my stern warnings of not eating the food eventually just got on my last nerves.
Oy...I do have a spirited LO. I'll have to teach those dogs to just eat when fed and stop snacking! Then I can just pick up their bowls and be done with it (well, except for the stray kibbles that always seem to be around).

I love the stations idea! I never thought of that, but what a great idea and a great way to keep her focus on appropriate toys rather than trying to eat dog food or hair. Gross.  :P

Thanks for the tip on the leg warmers. I will definitely check those out soon. And I'm not at all picky about matching. She's going to get them all nasty crawling around anyways! :)

Offline Me.and.my.two.boys

• Showing Appreciation 41
  • Me and my boys ❤️
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2012, 17:47:31 pm »
We had laminate flooring when ds was crawling and we never had a problem. We also have a dog, a Dalmatian and no matter how much I sweep/Hoover - there is still hair! So ds is used to it and I guess its not a bad thing for him? Lyla (our dog) eats her food straight away so Ive never had the problem of ds eating her food but he used to splash in her water bowl, I just told him no and them moved him away if he didnt stop. I don't remember it happen often though?

Lyla still gives Lennon a face wash (especially if he has eaten something tasty) but like ppl say, she gets plenty of ear and tail pulls in return! Lol!
Kelly, mum of two amazing boys 2008 and 2012

Offline CCCmom27

• Showing Appreciation 27
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2012, 14:30:50 pm »
I'll have to teach those dogs to just eat when fed and stop snacking!

^^^^For sure!

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Showing Appreciation 249
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2012, 15:23:00 pm »
I'll have to teach those dogs to just eat when fed and stop snacking!

^^^^For sure!

Yup! We feed our dogs outside during nice weather and if they eat inside they have to start eating within 5-10 minutes or it is put away until the next meal time. 
Heidi

Offline Kirsten~

• Showing Appreciation 8
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2012, 05:05:31 am »
Thanks so much everyone! I am feeling a lot better that she'll be good to go on our floor wherever. Really appreciate the help! :D

Offline Canadian_Mom

• Showing Appreciation 15
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2012, 19:38:07 pm »
Quite tip on the animals that I got from here.  Give them a place that they can have a break from her whenever they choose.  Some people said they had their dog bed or mat that they taught their LOs that you leave the dog/cat alone once they are there, in our case I blocked off the stairs just enough so that DS1 couldn't get up but our dog could if he needed a break.  As much as our dog loved (and still loves) DS1 he still needed his breaks!!
-Nadia