Author Topic: Is this normal?  (Read 1818 times)

Offline RebekahDSC

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« on: August 13, 2012, 20:26:40 pm »
DD is 13 months and most of her life she has been a little piggie. I mean this girl could EAT!!! A TON!!!!!!!!  The last few days something has changed.  All of a sudden she just isn't very interested in eating anymore.  I am amazed at how much less she is eating.  Is that normal?

We did just start giving her less purees and more finger foods (I know, kind of ridiculous that we still do some purees, but that's a long story) so maybe that is it? But I wouldn't expect THIS huge of a change. WDYT?

Thanks! :)

Offline Shiv52

• The Diplomat
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 585
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 20:57:38 pm »
Is she getting her 1YO molars? 

Offline RebekahDSC

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 23:14:36 pm »
Thanks for the reply! :)

She already recently got some teeth that I think are the 1yo molars, although maybe they're still making their final push through!   ::) It seems like this girl is always teething! She got her first tooth a couple days before turning 4 months and now I think she has 12 teeth!   :P  Do you think that's what's causing the lack of interest in food? She keeps throwing it on the floor now, which is so weird for her as before she could never get enough!!! I hate to reinforce that behavior by giving her more, but I'm worried she is not eating enough!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 23:19:03 pm by RebekahDSC »

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 854
Re: Is this normal?
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 23:18:26 pm »
It's totally normal for the appetite to decrease after 1 YO. They aren't growing quite as quickly and don't need as much fuel. ;)  Plus the molars!
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o

Offline RebekahDSC

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 23:25:16 pm »
I'd thought I'd heard that, but I didn't think it would come on so suddenly! Is a sudden change like this after 1yo normal?

BTW, Jessica, I love the Spirited + Reflux =  :o . My DD is Spirited, too, and in the early months we were dealing with an over-active let-down/tentative reflux diagnosis.  Ugh!  What adventures! ::) ;)

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 854
Re: Is this normal?
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 23:59:48 pm »
Oh yeah normal. :) 

You know people kept telling me I would forget how hard it was in the early days, and I am still waiting for that to happen!
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o

Offline RebekahDSC

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2012, 00:43:56 am »
Oh yeah normal.
Oh, good, that is comforting. :)

You know people kept telling me I would forget how hard it was in the early days, and I am still waiting for that to happen!
Good for you!  I never want to forget!  I figure that way I'm more inclined to help other new moms struggling with their new babies rather than tell them just to enjoy every second! ;)

Thanks again! :)