Author Topic: Bottle feeding, getting married and over night stay  (Read 1485 times)

Offline Jo1stbaby

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Bottle feeding, getting married and over night stay
« on: August 20, 2012, 12:48:07 pm »
Hi,

I'm getting married in just under 4 weeks time and my LO will be exactly 6 months old.  My question is what should I do about her bottles?  I will have some one with her all day that's fine but it's the making up of the bottles I was looking for suggestions.  We are on the 4 hour easy therefore 6 bottles a day.  I am staying over night in the hotel where my mum will have her in her room. I normally make up 6 bottles a day of boiled water (I know your suppose to do it with each feed but I just find that impracticle), put in fridge.  At feed time I add the formula, heat he milk and give it to her but I don't really want to take the steriliser with me and have to wash, sterile and make up formulas at the hotel. I will if I have to but what do other people to to make they're lives a little easier?  I can make up bottles first thing on sat morning but 24 hours later I'm still going to be at the hotel first thing. 

Am I just being thick and there is an obvious answer in front of my face?
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Jo  :)

Offline cuckoochick

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 136
  • Mummy to Charlotte Rose and Georgia May
Re: Bottle feeding, getting married and over night stay
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 14:46:41 pm »
What about using the ready-made formula? I mainly BFed my daughter but did so some combination feeding and for that we just used the cartons and then only needed the sterilized bottles in a bag and a jug of hot water to warm the milk although that isn't necessary with ready-made stuff in cartons.

Hope that helps and have a great wedding day!

*Nicola*

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Showing Appreciation 318
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 15:03:54 pm »
You can buy disposable bottles - that may help so you would only need to take your 6 bottles for one day and then use the disposable ones with pre-made formula for the second day.

http://www.boots.com/en/Vital-Baby-Nurture-Disposable-Baby-Feeding-Bottles-240ml-4Pack_121170/

DS was still on bottles when we went away when he was 13 months. We bought a travel steriliser which was like a plastic lunch box and took 2 bottles, he was only on 2 bottles then so it was ok. We just took the tin og powder with us then.

If you do get disposable ones I would make sure you try one with her before you go so you know she will take it!

Laura

Offline Jo1stbaby

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 15:21:50 pm »
Hi,

thanks guys, I'll have a look into those disposable ones Laura only thing is she has reflux and I've got her on thicker formula but I'll have a look anyway.

You know Nicola after I posted it I did think the ready made ones.  I use them sometimes and put gaviscon in them for her reflux.

If the disposable ones are no good I might buy some more bottles and just get a travel steriliser with the ready made and then that's job done.  I do t have to worry about washing the bottles up in the hotel. :D

Thanks for the ideas.
Jo

Offline Mrs.Nerd

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2012, 14:32:07 pm »
Whenever we have gone away, we would take lots of bottles already washed up, then we took either our cold water steriliser (when he was on a few feeds a day) and some milton tablets, then would sterilise before going out, as the milton water is sterile for 24 hours. Then it's just a case of taking the bottle out when you need it, and using a ready made carton with gaviscon (our DS has/had reflux too). You don't have to leave the bottles in the milton water to be sterile, you can seal the bottles and then they are sterile for 24 hours.

Once our wee man was only on 2 feeds a day we just took our travel steriliser which takes 1 bottle. You can also get travel steriliser bags :)

Offline okinawamama

• Showing Appreciation 16
  • Stephanie
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2012, 14:52:17 pm »
Congrats on your wedding!

I formula fed DS1 and after 4 months I just used room temp bottled water when traveling. I guess I thought that the boiled water was only necessary for immune compromised infants after 4 months.
toddler A 3/16/2009
baby B 4/20/2011