Author Topic: Totally at the end of my tether , any help appreciated  (Read 1101 times)

Offline lisa6464

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Totally at the end of my tether , any help appreciated
« on: August 21, 2012, 09:32:48 am »
My 8 month old has 3 meals of solids a day and 3 bottles of 7floz of formula a day. Around 4 weeks ago we had the first tooth appear and she started rolling over in her cot. Since then its all been down hill sleep wise. Her EASY used to look like this

E 7AM breakfast solids & formula milk
A
S 9-9.30 till 10.45-11.00
Y
E 12.00 solids
A
S 1 bottle formula then 2.30-3.-00 till 4.00
y
E 5.00 solids
bath
E 6.00 ( formula feed)
S 6.30
dream feed 10.30pm posssible wake up at around 3am but held of with the dummy and went back till 5.30 ish

Now she turns over in the cot and just cries till i come in and turn her back even though she knows how to do it herself and i have tried to wait it out to see if she settles but she doesn't. Now she wakes for a dream feed then every 3 hours through the night. I have tried teething gel/liquid/calpol/water but she will take a full 7floz in the middle of the night then go back over till 5 or 6am. I have upped the day time food intake but all that does is make her over full and uncomfortable and living on Gripe Water. Im lost as to what to do. My partner works nights so im on my own with this one and if i let her wail on too much it wakes my 5 year old and" hey presto" the whole family is up in the middle of the night.
From what i read it seems she should have dropped the dream feed by now too. I thought about upping the formula intake in the day but she wont take more than 7floz at one sitting.

Offline babymunkey

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 38
  • Helen.....call me H
Re: Totally at the end of my tether , any help appreciated
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 21:09:09 pm »
Just popped on to say that sounds frustrating for you :-* :-* I'm no expert, but a couple of things to consider...

1. dropping the DF cold turkey - we did that a few months ago, as we decided it might be disturbing her sleep, and we figure we were right. You can fade it out slowly, or as you are up so often at night anyway, my hunch would be to drop it cold turkey for a few nights and see what happens.
2. You may want to post on the EASY board - although your LO is napping for reasonable times, I think you may need an increase in A times - that could give you better naps, and then better nights.

I'm sure someone with much more experience might have other things to add, just wanted to drop in with a reply for you so we can try to start getting you some sleep!!

H

Offline lisa6464

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Totally at the end of my tether , any help appreciated
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 15:06:36 pm »
Thanks. Going to try dropping the afternoon nap first. It's 4pm now so going to do bath, tea , bottle and bed by 6. Finger's crossed.