Author Topic: Hunger cues  (Read 1116 times)

Offline Miccoops

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 21, 2012, 09:59:16 am »
Hi all

I would really appreciate it if you would share you LO hunger cues. Max is 10 weeks old and FF. I have had a frustrating few days of him refusing a bottle and then 30 mins later will drink the lot! He feeds between 2.5 and 3 hours but I don't feel like he gives me any cues other than a cry, and as soon as he cries I offer the bottle but he will refuse it...

Thanks

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: Hunger cues
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 19:56:25 pm »
Mine used to chew their fists when they were hungry and root into my chest as well as cry.

What is your EASY like - can you post it for us

Eat - what times, how much
Activity - how long for
Sleep - what times, how long for.

It is hard to get the cries sorted out though, I used to get hungry and tired confused a lot in the early months.

Laura

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: Hunger cues
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 22:29:13 pm »
I always went by time.  I've heard a hunger cry so few times I have no idea what one sounds like and in the early days I just couldn't believe I was supposed to magically understand my LOs needs from these various cries.  I went by the clock and on the whole it worked.

My DS didn't even root for my breast.  He would turn away instead of toward me, both when I was trying to bf in the first weeks and with the bottle too.

One thought occurred.  Could he be fussy to a certain temp of milk?  Maybe it has cooled/warmed in that additional 30 mins??  My DS liked his milk straight from the fridge or room temp, I never warmed it.