Author Topic: first bottle - vomiting.. help  (Read 1171 times)

Offline Etsy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
first bottle - vomiting.. help
« on: August 23, 2012, 10:26:33 am »
Hi

Well today is day one of weaning. I am going back to work and am hoping to combine breast and bottle feeding. Little one took her first bottle very well. We were concerned it may not have been enough so after about 20 mins we finished the feed. Total given 150 ml. She is 3 and a half months. She was happy had some a time and then her nap. When she woke up she was sick but vomited a lot!!!! Too much formula or change formula? Pls help me totally clueless! Thanks so much

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: first bottle - vomiting.. help
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 14:56:15 pm »
Tricky to say really. It could be the formula - she's not used to it, could be the volume although 5oz isn't a huge feed by any means over 20+ mins. If that was her first ever bottle of anything it could be she took in more air than she is used to. It could be unrelated and she's picked up a bug from somewhere.

When are you planning to try another bottle of formula?

Laura

Offline Etsy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 15:01:18 pm »
Hi. Thanks for the reply. I. Was going to try a slower smaller feed tomorrow. Give her a chance to settle again. Don't think its a bug. Been fine and very happy for the rest of the day. Is that advisable?

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 15:47:12 pm »
You may want to discuss it with your Dr or other health person if you are worried. They will probably suggest you try another feed to see what happens I would think - I don't think we can advise you either way really!

Laura