Author Topic: Nightime feeds?  (Read 1303 times)

Offline AGW_mummy

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 30, 2012, 06:20:52 am »
Hi,

I started my 12wk old on the EASY routine a couple of weeks ago... It seems to be going well bar a few issues....

My main is issue is what to do about timings... I realise EASY isn't a schedule however I would like to be consistent with my LO bedtime and give him his last feed at 7 pm so I can start the wind down process... My problem is DS is still waking in the night for feeds, this in itself is not a problem, I figure once he is settled and eating enough he will STTN, it is more the timings. We do his last feed at 7pm and a dream feed at 10pm (where he usually only takes a couple of ozs) and then let him wake himself for nightime feeds, his next feed is normally 4-5 hrs after the dream feed. This throws of the first morning feed.

What should I be doing? Do I feed him at 7am even if he was only fed 1.5-2hrs before?

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: Nightime feeds?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 06:31:59 am »
You can either top him up at 7am to get him through the first A time and S or you can reduce the night bottle a bit so there is enough to get him back to sleep but not a full feed.

What do you think?

Laura

Offline AGW_mummy

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 06:34:22 am »
Sounds good... He doesn't take much at night... At 5am he only took 2oz so I guess he would be hungrier earlier! I did think he might need topped up, I guess I have to learn to go with my instincts!

Thanks for reassuring me! X