Author Topic: Need urgently advice if continuing with DF or not...please!!  (Read 1267 times)

Offline deliamar

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Need urgently advice if continuing with DF or not...please!!
« on: September 03, 2012, 17:41:58 pm »
Hi all,

I am all over the place as my lo is 20 weeks old but still having problems with waking up.

Since the beginning DF has been difficult he was taking full feeds until he was 14 weeks old, then he was too sleep and start only taking 2oz, with those 2 oz he will sleep but start complaining around 4am and then 5am, I said complaining coz he wont wake up (eyes shut) and with some patting he will go to sleep again, but no more than 6.15am.

Around 3 weeks ago we dropped the DF as it was too hard for him to take the 2 oz, and I was going to sleep around 12am for 4 hrs! so I wait for him to wake up and give him his feed, he was waking up around 1.30 -2am and then complaining around 5.30am (no 4am). Last week I decide to see if DF at 11 will work as he was taking his feeds much better during the day...the first night it worked, he took it at 11pm and slept until 5.30 and with a little bt of help went until 6.15, but only that day after that he has started waking at 4.05am and 5.35am, but he is taking a 5 - 6oz at DF.

Of course this affects his day sleep and is hard for us as we go to bed around 12 to be awake at 4am, at least waiting for him to wake I was going to be at 10, wake at 2 and then until 5.30 and it worked better for us but I am afraid that this can be a prop later on and for that reason went back to DF at 11pm.

This is so new for me as my first lo had his DF at 10.30 and slept until next day so I don't know how to deal with middle of the night feeding...I am afraid it would continue.

The other thing is that my lo will start having solids in the next couple of weeks and not sure if that can change anything?

So my big question is, should I continue with the DF at 11am and see if waking/complaining time change with solid food or shall I change it to waiting for him to wake up and see how long it last?

Last thing he has develop a prop for us to go to patting him to resettle when he wakes up at 4am but it only last an 1 hour or bit more.

Sorry for the mix up, but please advice will be greatly appreciated!!

D xx

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: Need urgently advice if continuing with DF or not...please!!
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 17:58:44 pm »
If a baby takes the DF then it will carry on until about 7 months when solids are established, so if you are carrying on with it you have a couple of months yet! As he is taking a full feed I would stick with it for now.

The best time for the DF is between 10 and 11, why don't you try it a bit earlier and see what happens? Have you tried feeding him when he wakes around 4am? It's been about 5 hours since his DF so he could well be hungry and then he should go back to sleep. I think the fact that the patting settles him for a while but then he wakes son after shows he probably is hungry and needs a feed.

What do you think?

Laura

Offline deliamar

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Need urgently advice if continuing with DF or not...please!!
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 14:55:46 pm »
Hi,

I will try the 10.30 DF and 4am extra feed, the only thing strange is that he didn't take any when he was taking the 2oz as DF.

Do you think the 4am will be dropped after a while, I am so afraid to create a prop...like him waking at 4am because I will carry him.

How long do you think I can give a try for this and see what happend, a week?

Thanks and I will keep you posted!

D x