Author Topic: Re- plug!  (Read 821 times)

Offline Melsie

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: September 04, 2012, 19:48:16 pm »
Hi all,
I am new to this forum but completely addicted as am having a very difficult time and finding the support and ideas SO helpful right now!! Is it possible for a LO to use a paci but not to have to get up evry hour to re plug?? My LO is 12 weeks and uses this as a prop to sleep but now I am awake every hour in the night as it falls out. Is that just the way the cookie crumbles?

Offline anna*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 900
  • My two
Re: Re- plug!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 19:58:18 pm »
Pretty much, yeh. If you decide to keep the paci, there will be a period of time where you're constantly replugging, until baby can do it for themselves.

Offline AndreaGr

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 20:08:03 pm »
My LO is 5 months and at about the same age (12 weeks) we had the same issues with the paci falling out during her deep sleep and then needing it to settle once she was in a lighter sleep and transitioning. However, we tried a couple different brands like nuk nuk and mum pacis and it seemed to do the trick. My LO still cant put it in herself but she wakes maybe once or twice during the night sometimes wanting the paci sometimes not but it has definitely gotten better. I cant wait though until she can put it in herself ;)

Offline 1tamara1

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 09:28:52 am »
We had that same issue and decided to persevere and that was around 4 months. We'd take it away and everytime he got sick (his cough back) we'd need to bring it back because it would help him sleep and when he was sick we'd do anything to help him get some sleep. Anyway it's two months later, he's 6 months old and he can replug himself. We put him to bed at 7 and he sleeps right till 7am. I think you just need to make a decision and stick to it, our problem was that we kept changing our minds, not fair on him. Our 2 year old had it as well but she only ever needed it to go to sleep initially, we never needed to re-plug, go figure :)

Offline becj86

• Showing Appreciation 346
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, 09:34:13 am »
I think a lot of your issue in terms of the number of wakings is probably that reflux - is that under control now? Are the wakings any less frequent?

Offline Me.and.my.two.boys

• Showing Appreciation 41
  • Me and my boys ❤️
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2012, 09:40:21 am »
The same happened to me at 5 months but I couldn't handle re-plugging so we weaned cold turkey. For us it was the best thing we could have done but it is a totally different for everyone :)
Kelly, mum of two amazing boys 2008 and 2012