Author Topic: Finally a 5hr stretch, but the rest of the night gone wonky...  (Read 719 times)

Offline Harrisons_mum

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
Finally a 5hr stretch, but the rest of the night gone wonky...
« on: September 11, 2012, 01:23:48 am »
So finally my 14wk DS has given me 2 nights with a 5hr stretch.  I am so happy, but of course nothing is straight forward...

I was never giving a df as I was too exhausted to stay awake, so his 5hrs is from 7-12 grrr.  Wondering if a df would move those 5hrs later or just put me back to every 3hrs

Also, after the midnight feed, the rest of the night is all weird.  DS would always go straight back to sleep after every feed, but now he wakes at 3 for 1hr then 5 for 1hr.  I finally gave in and got up at 6:15am.  Is ther something I'm doing to make this happen?

This is my EASY

Wake and feed (ebf) - 6:30
A
S - 8 (apop nap to 1.5hrs as we have a 45min nap problem)
E -  9:45
A -
S - 11:15 (apop)
E - 12:45
A
S- 2:15
E - 3:45
A
S - 5:30 (whilst waking dog)
E - 6
A - bath
E - top up 7
S - 7:30
Wake 12:30,3,5

I fed him at 3, but not at 5

Maybe it will just settle....

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
Re: Finally a 5hr stretch, but the rest of the night gone wonky...
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 09:37:41 am »
Hmm... that's pretty much how it was here too at that age. I just went to bed at 7:30 :P

You could try a DF if you can stay up that late... it might shift his longest stretch or it may disrupt his sleep and have him waking more frequently - totally depends on the baby. I have noticed the DF seems to work better for LO's who don't have any gas/reflux type issues and who are textbook or angel temperament.

Offline Harrisons_mum

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
Re: Finally a 5hr stretch, but the rest of the night gone wonky...
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 10:14:54 am »
I think DS reads my posts.... Hehe

Last night he woke at 10, then slept till 3!  Yay!  The rest of the night still wonky tho.

Harry, if you're reading this post, could you please sort out these 45min naps! :)