Author Topic: Help with nw/paci replugging  (Read 1763 times)

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
Re: Help with nw/paci replugging
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2012, 06:30:44 am »
Have you put it in her hand then guided her hand to her mouth? When I was teaching that one, I actually went in quite early so DS wasn't already flailing and upset but learned to do it when he was still relatively calm.

I know if I remove the pacifier I'm in for a few long nights of crying. I'm just not sure how that works from the whole baby whisperer technique point of view.
If you're there and reassuring her, that's ok - not ideal, of course but you're not doing her damage as you would with CIO. She's crying more because you've changed the rules than anything else (provided discomfort, etc. have been ruled out).

Offline anna*

• Showing Appreciation 900
  • My two
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2012, 11:08:06 am »
Thing is hun, if you end up replugging her I would stop trying to do shush pat or PUPD because you're not getting anything from it. You're not accomplishing anything. Remember, BW isn't a 'no cry' technique, and as Bec has said, as long as you're there with her no harm will come to her. I think you really have to decide whether you're going to replug her, or whether your'e going to stop, or whether you're just going to wean the paci, and then stick with it. Like I said, no point trying to soothe her for 40 mins and then still end up replugging her.

Offline becj86

• Showing Appreciation 346
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2012, 21:01:38 pm »
Like I said, no point trying to soothe her for 40 mins and then still end up replugging her.
Totally agree, will make weaning so much more difficult if you decide to do it because she's learning that if she cries long enough, she will get replugged.