Author Topic: "Balanced diet"???  (Read 3314 times)

Offline roseola

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 32
Re: "Balanced diet"???
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2012, 15:34:42 pm »
My diet is pretty bad too, and my husband's biggest complaint about me is that I don't cook for him, only for DS. But he gets home at such weird hours it's hard to even eat together most of the time. I focus my energy on the little one, and really, I just don't like to cook, sue me!!!
Nini

Offline *happy*

• Showing Appreciation 55
  • blessed to have found BWing.xxx
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2012, 15:42:27 pm »
omg that is soooo us!!!!i just dont get it, putting all that time & effort into making something & then having it all gobbled up & gone so fast!!!!i made a coca-cola cake (am i allowed mention brands?!) once & was almost in tears when i saw it all being eaten!!!

Offline Lemonthyme

• Showing Appreciation 29
    • Mamacook
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2012, 16:09:06 pm »
I think that's all pretty good.  I would be tempted though to include a bit more calories into tea time.  Perhaps make some cauliflower cheese?  Cook cauliflower and make a cheese sauce with milk, cornflour and cheese, then blend it all together if you're doing traditional weaning or leave it whole if you're BLW or want to give that a go.  That way there's a bit more fat, some carbs and some protein at teatime.  Or maybe a fish pie?

Send me a message if you'd like some recipes.
Here's my blog which is focussed on simple food for babies, toddlers and families http://mamacook.blogspot.com/