Author Topic: Awful night - three NFs  (Read 743 times)

Offline EllieH

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Awful night - three NFs
« on: September 14, 2012, 06:42:46 am »
My LO (nearly 14 weeks) goes down at around 7pm and had a really good run of only waking up once after that before 7am.

That then slipped to twice - I think because she started going down earlier, at around 6.45pm, without having got enough milk in her.

Then last night she woke up at 10pm, wouldn't really feed and screamed really intensely until midnight, then again at 2am and 5am.  Could this still be a GS or might I have encouraged it by feeding her more frequently than three hourly yesterday?  I'm going to try and be more rigorous today on three hourly feeds...

I should have added to that that she's EBF.

I've just tried to give her her first feed of the day and she wouldn't feed properly now either.  She fed for about 5 minutes and then just started bobbing on and off.  Normally a feed takes 25-30 minutes now.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 07:03:50 am by EllieH »

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 521
Re: Awful night - three NFs
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 11:45:21 am »
It sounds like something is bothering her -- maybe she's getting sick?  Has the temperature changed recently by you?  Seems early for teeth.  I'd try to stick to the 3 hours today and see if anything obvious emerges.

Offline EllieH

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 11:54:24 am »
I already cracked on her second feed so that one was about 2.5 hours.  Trying to make it through another 40 minutes to the next one.   She's only slept for 45 minutes since waking up at 7.30 and has just now dropped off in her bouncy chair so hopefully she might rest for a bit and then feed better next time.

She's not pooed for three days and I think that's making her unhappy :(

I'm just exhausted and could really do with her having a proper nap so I can sleep but that just doesn't happen.  I may do her next feed as a biological feed in bed so I can snooze while she feeds.

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 521
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 12:49:24 pm »
Ah, the pooing could be it.  I'd totally toss her in bed with you and snooze while she feeds or feed her to sleep next to you and try to get some rest time in.  No harm in doing what you need to especially if her tummy is bothering her.

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2012, 15:22:34 pm »
(((Hugs))) Ellie - just to say my DD got her first tooth at 14 weeks so don't dismiss teething as a possibility if she's more unsettled than normal :)  Hope she's feeling better soon xxx