Author Topic: 9 month old baby - wakes anytime between 330-530am. Is this normal?  (Read 5142 times)

Offline lilasmum

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: 9 month old baby - wakes anytime between 330-530am. Is this normal?
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2012, 20:03:42 pm »
Hi guys - I'm back again. My daughter is almost 11 months now and has reverted to waking early (520am) onwards. Such a body shock after having a few months of 7am wakes. Do you think I need a routine tweak?

Wake anytime from 530 - play in cot until 7 when she has bottle.
Nap 10am - 1130.
Another nap 3-4.
Bed 7pm.

She hasnt woken up during the night for months knock on wood. She is super active lately and not far away from walking. I'm pregnant with #2, working and so so tired.

I should add that she is currently cutting 4 teeth at once- they are through the surface but not fully up. And she doesn't seem bothered by teeth otherwise.

Thanks so much in advance!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 20:05:36 pm by lilasmum »

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2012, 20:38:57 pm »
Sorry to hear things have gone off track again :( have a read of this: 10/ 11mo sleep gone wonky? Read this first! - ring any bells?

Offline lilasmum

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2012, 21:47:58 pm »
Thanks for the info Jessmum.  I can't believe that my little bub is almost ready for 1 nap, but after reading your info, it makes sense.  I've been loving the two longish naps and have been resisting cutting them down any more. 

It seems like yesterday that I was tearing my hear out with a catnapper and now I have to stop her sleeping!

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2012, 21:55:09 pm »
It seems like yesterday that I was tearing my hear out with a catnapper and now I have to stop her sleeping!

I hear you!! Take it slowly, only cap one of the naps (not both) and resist the temptation to switch to one nap too early. We're going through it too so we can learn together :) there's a support thread on Naps if you want to join it x

Offline lilasmum

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2012, 22:01:52 pm »

I hear you!! Take it slowly, only cap one of the naps (not both) and resist the temptation to switch to one nap too early. We're going through it too so we can learn together :) there's a support thread on Naps if you want to join it x

I will find it and join in.  So should I let her sleep as long as she wants for her morning nap (she will sleep up to 2 hours and occasionally longer if I let her) and then make her afternoon nap very short like 30 mins?

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2012, 10:53:16 am »
So should I let her sleep as long as she wants for her morning nap (she will sleep up to 2 hours and occasionally longer if I let her) and then make her afternoon nap very short like 30 mins?

The general idea is that you choose one nap to cap and let LO sleep as long as they like for the other.  That said, I wouldn't let the long nap go past 2h (waking at 2h doesn't really count as capping as it's a restorative nap) otherwise your day gets too long.  We are trying (on a good day) a 1.5h am nap, a 30 min pm and then 2h to BT.