Author Topic: Please take a look at my 9.5 month's feeding routines  (Read 4474 times)

Offline *Kara*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
Re: Please take a look at my 9.5 month's feeding routines
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2012, 04:21:43 am »
Is 5.45 pm a too early bt if she needs it?

It would be in this house... DD rarely tacks on her lost sleep... that would get me a really ugly wake time ;)  My minimum is 630pm.

I tried to get rid of the paci about a month ago... it was pure hell.  SCREAMED... she skipped her nap that day and then still wouldn't go to bed... after 2 hrs at BT, I gave up and decided she clearly was just not ready.

Offline hanna

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2012, 17:56:42 pm »
Last night she slept from 6.15 pm until 6 am today! She only woke up once at night. Good am nap today...80 minutes. So we'll see how she sleeps this afternoon, if she refuses or not. Argh...I've said it before, but I don't know how long her second AT should be  :-\
After that long am nap, I tried at AT 3.5, let her stay in her crib for 30 minutes; and then again at AT 4.5. Finally took the car and she ended up having a 35-minute nap at AT 5.25! Now she is so tired and I have to decide on her BT. I think I will do AT 2 hrs, at 6.30ish pm. 

Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 23:03:47 pm by hanna »

Offline *Kara*

• So little!
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2012, 22:21:24 pm »
hmmm... well, to be honest, that AM nap isn't really "long"  90 mins is really the minimum before you start nap capping... anything less isn't fully restorative and A times should be reduced a bit to keep OT at bay.. how long was her A time before the nap?  80 mins is generally an UT nap length :)

And yes, I would do 2.5 hrs max to BT :)

Offline hanna

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2012, 18:38:30 pm »
She only slept for 60 mins Saturday am after AT 3.5, so figured she would sleep again at AT 3 hrs, but she fell asleep at AT 3.5 and slept for 45 minutes, woke up a little fussy. Hm. Was that a UT nap? Sunday am AT was 3 hrs 40 mins and she slept 75 mins.

Offline *Kara*

• So little!
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2012, 19:41:14 pm »
for sure UT.

Offline hanna

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2012, 19:56:24 pm »
If UT, why was she unhappy waking up?

Offline *Kara*

• So little!
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2012, 20:18:44 pm »
UT can leave bubs waking unhappy cause they are still tired, just not tired enough to have gotten through the transition at 45 mins... so she would likely have been close to the right A time - if it was way off, she would have been as happy as larry to be awake ;)

Offline hanna

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2012, 20:03:40 pm »
I have been driving in the car every afternoon the last 7 days to get her to nap. I try at home first, at AT 3, 3.5, 4 hrs, she either just talks or she cries, sitting or standing Mostly.
It doesn't seem to matter if her am nap is 60 mins or 75 mins.
Can I determin her AT somehow, so I can stick to it for a few days? She shows no sleep signs. Or try set nap time for pm?

Offline *Kara*

• So little!
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2012, 20:22:51 pm »
Might be time to look at capping her AM to ensure she will take a PM nap hun...

How long is her A time in the morning?  Many LO's can do a full A time of 4 hrs or so on a one hour nap...

Start by capping her at 45 mins and try to PD for PM nap after 3 hrs of A time... she might need up to 3.5 hrs though.. give this a couple of days... if she still doesn't want a PM nap, we cut to 30 mins for the AM.

Offline hanna

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2012, 23:01:27 pm »
Does is matter if she sleeps longer in the am and then only takes a 35-45 min nap in the pm? Her AT is still 3 or 3.5 hrs after the short nap until BT. I guess I could run errands and stuff for a while and hope she starts napping in her crib again.

Offline *Kara*

• So little!
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2012, 04:22:56 am »
short pm is fine too :)

Offline hanna

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2012, 15:31:12 pm »
Hi, I'm back. :)
Baby is 10.5 months now and continues to get OT, go to bed around 6.15 pm and wake up at 5.30 am!

She gets about 45-60 minutes sleep in the am and then another 45 mins in the pm during the week. She sleeps much more on the weekends when we don't have to drive to daycare. BT is about 3.5 hrs after the 45 minute pm nap. She goes to sleep quickly but wakes 2-3 times before midnight for lost pacifier.

I can't get out of this loop because she keeps waking so early in the morning. What to do? The whole family wakes up too early because baby wakes up toddler too. 

Thanks.

Offline *Kara*

• So little!
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2012, 20:45:59 pm »
Well, her nights are actually quite good!  We just need to shift her entire day out to move BT and wakeup to a more respectable hour ;)  This is done very slowly (15 mins every few days)... so push her nap the first day you start so it is 15 mins later than it is now... push meals, snacks etc... then push BT 15 mins later... hold for 3 days and  you might start to see things creep a bit in the right direction (don't panic if they don't though)... then shift the whole day another 15mins and hold for 3-4 days again... keep doing this until you get BT to 730pm ish..

Have you tried putting a whole pile of pacis in the crib with her so she can find one herself?

Offline hanna

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2012, 22:13:47 pm »
It's tricky to do because she already has an AT of often 3.75 and she falls asleep in the car on the way home from drive to daycare to drop off brother.

Yes, we leave 3-4 pacis with her and they end up on the floor or in a corner of the bed where she can't see them in the dark. We go in and pick them up when she is sleeping but somehow she throws them aside... :)

Offline *Kara*

• So little!
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2012, 03:40:26 am »
It's tricky to do because she already has an AT of often 3.75 and she falls asleep in the car on the way home from drive to daycare to drop off brother.

Lots of music and talking!