Author Topic: Getting started with a 45minute baby  (Read 718 times)

Offline LittleLizard

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: September 18, 2012, 01:16:46 am »
I have been lurking here for a long time knowing the day would come that we would need to "bite the bullet." Our 8 month old currently sleeps with us. Before I even get started, something I read has made me wonder - if she is waking every 45 minutes whether during naps or bedtime since birth, could it be reflux if she has no other symptoms? Sometimes she wakes screaming, others she just stirs and starts fussing and eventually crying until i give her the breast. Then she goes right back to sleep. I know its a prop but before we even begin dealing with it I want to rule out reflux as i had never considered it. Thanks :)

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
Re: Getting started with a 45minute baby
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 02:32:25 am »
before we even begin dealing with it I want to rule out reflux as i had never considered it.
This is important before starting sleep training. Here's some great info: Approach to treating and investigating Reflux Doctors and reflux - Things to keep in mind
Here are signs and symptoms - a lot of these most people don't associate with reflux, but think its normal, so worth a look: Reflux 101 - General reflux information

What you've written sounds like reflux or similar discomfort is involved on some level. I wonder if she may have silent reflux - no spitting but twice the burn :(

Once reflux is ruled out/under control, we can help you through the steps to get her into her own bed in a way that fits with your parenting style.

Offline LittleLizard

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 03:44:14 am »
Thank you for the info! I will read through your info and check in with her ped. as well :) I am so ready to get started, lol.