Author Topic: Cow & Gate - Comfort  (Read 1477 times)

Offline EllieH

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Cow & Gate - Comfort
« on: September 19, 2012, 18:14:58 pm »
I am just at the point of contemplating weaning my DD (14 weeks) from breast to bottle.  I looked in the shop today and see that Cow & Gate do a normal formula and the Comfort one, for colic/digestive issues.

LO has suspected silent reflux and I've always thought she has digestive issues.

Does anyone have any experience of using Comfort over the normal formula?

Offline RedSH

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 19:36:31 pm »
There is no harm trying the Comfort formula if you think it will help.

My DD2 started on the normal one but we switched to the Comfort as she didn't seem comfortable and we believed she had silent reflux along with constipation also.
Its been fab and she's been really happy on it.

It does make their poo green though! It even warns you of this on the tub  :)

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: Cow & Gate - Comfort
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 20:55:47 pm »
We used the comfort formulas with both my babies for a while. We used Cow and Gate for DS and the Aptamil Easy digest for DD, of the two I actually preferred the Aptamil one. They both turned their poo a dark green colour - the Aptamil one contains a stool softener, not sure about the cow & gate one.

If you think she has reflux it would be worth getting it checked out properly (if you haven't already), especially if she is in pain or discomfort. My two were both refluxers and did ok on the ED formula for a while but needed a reflux formula and meds. We used Enfamil AR which is suitable from birth which you need to order from a pharmacy (and is available on prescription in the UK ;)) but I think Aptamil do a reflux formula you can get in the supermarkets now. SMA also do one so Cow and Gate may well do now as well!

Laura