Author Topic: getting 4.5 month old to 4 hour feeds  (Read 1235 times)

Offline Etsy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
getting 4.5 month old to 4 hour feeds
« on: September 23, 2012, 09:24:02 am »
Hi

I was hoping for a little advice. I was breastfeeding and have managed to get baby onto a bottle full time as I'm now back to work. She was eating every 3.5 hours sometimes a bit longer. Now she is on a bottle she is screaming for food at 3 hours. I tried to distract her but I'm talking screaming the house down upset! We first thought it was a growth spurt but its over a week now. I tried upping her feeds a bit but she still took 6oz. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks xx

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: getting 4.5 month old to 4 hour feeds
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 17:46:47 pm »
Is she draining the 6oz bottles? If she is then you need to put more in them!

Can you post your EASY so we can see what's going on?

Eat - what times and how much
Activity - how long for
Sleep - what times, how long for

Laura

Offline Etsy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: getting 4.5 month old to 4 hour feeds
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 12:40:29 pm »
I'm so sorry for the late reply I just found your response now:( she was draining the bottle. I managed to get her up to 7oz but she is still not going very long between bottles. She is almost 5 months now. She usually wakes around 5.30 - 6.00 and then eats every 3 hours during the day. If she has a bottle at 6 the school will give her one at 9, 12, 3.  I will then give her one at 6 - 6.30 and bed. I had her on a brilliant e.a.s.y. but now im back at work its not going quite so well. To be fair she is an amazing baby. she can stay up about 2 hours now and goes to sleep sooooo easily. So different from my first:) I was just getting concerned as she was not going very long between feeds and was not gaining weight very well.

She gained this week so think I am on the right track..

thanks so much