Author Topic: Refusing Morning bottle  (Read 1159 times)

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 44
Refusing Morning bottle
« on: September 29, 2012, 20:54:30 pm »
Hi all, it alwasy seems there is an issue with my LO.. When one thing gets worked out 3 more pop up. Guess that's being a new first time parent huh. :) So.. My lo has reflux is semi-under control. By that I mean i think as much as we can get it. He's on max dose of zantac and Zegerid 10mg 2X a day. He only occasionally has the bouts where he comes off the bottle screaming. That being said last week he began refusing his first bottle in the AM. When he wakes up we usually feed him right away before changing him etc. He's spirited so once he gets his day going he's got too many things to look at to bother eating so we have to feed him in the dark right after he wakes from bedtime or naptime. He does eat one bottle before he goes to bed.  Here is our easy on a good day at least what we've been trying for.. It rarely looks like this though.  (it's a little messed up as he has a 4am funtime wake up for 2 weeks)

W: 4 APOP till 4:30 Sleeps till 5 rarely till 6.
W 5 refuses bottle
A:
E: Before nap  (usually 4oz)
Trying to push his wake time back to at least 5 so pushing his nap time out in increments to 7:30 right now we're at 7:15
S: 7:15-8:45 (I usually have to apop at the 40min mark till he hits deep sleep again) this just started as well.
A:
E: Before nap (3-4oz)
S: 10:30-12 (we were doing 2hrs A time but he gets sleepy at 1 hr 45 now so I moved it back)
A:
E: Before Nap (3-4oz)
S: 1:45/2-3:30/4 (I sometimes have to do a catnap later because he wakes early from this nap)
A:
E: 5:30 (3-4oz)
S:6
Wake: 10 to eat (4-5oz)
S: 10:30
Wake: 2 to eat (3-4oz)
S: 2:45
Wake : anywhere between 4-4:30.. i can sometimes apop him back down but I have to hold him for quite a while. Then he just wakes up like 30min later. I'm not sure if I should push his bed time to 7 (the naps are rarely this long he usually gets 3-3.5hrs of sleep during the day) but that's probably for another forum.

Long winded sorry. I guess my question is if he eats at 2am you would think he would be hungry at 5/6. Even if I push it to 6 he refuses. He's not usually hungry till 7 before his nap. however I don't think he would not eat at 2am. Could he be doing the "night fasting" in the morning instead?
My dreamed for Angel Baby DD (other than dreaded 40min naps) Born 4/30/16
Reflux, MSPI, Love my Spirited,textbook little munchkin DS Born 5/17/2012

**Siobhan**

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: Refusing Morning bottle
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 12:29:07 pm »
Is having his first bottle before the nap causing problems? If not then I wouldn't worry about it and feed when he is hungry to be honest. It may well be that he isn't hungry after the 2am bottle or it could be a symptom of the reflux. My DS was never hungry first thing in the moring until his reflux was controlled - my theory is that lying down makes them feel worse so they just don't want to eat first thing.

Laura