Author Topic: 7 week won't take a DF  (Read 936 times)

Offline Eva's Mummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 14
  • Gail
7 week won't take a DF
« on: October 01, 2012, 08:15:37 am »
Hi my 7 week old girl wont take a DF, she takes her last bottle at 6:30 / 7:00 then is  sound asleep. How exactly should i drean feed. Do i do it while she is lying in her basket?

I have tried picking her up and wiggling the bottle into her mouth but she just keep turning her head away and refusing to open up. Or should i just change her nappy to wake her up a bit them try to feed her again.

My beautiful spirited little angel

My angel baby girl

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: 7 week won't take a DF
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 08:46:33 am »
Hi
You could try a slightly different time, she might be in a phase of very deep sleep when you are trying the DF and you might have more success during a lighter phase of sleep.  Also with some LOs if you keep trying they eventually take to it even if not to begin with.
On the other hand some LOs (mine) totally refuse a DF.  I used to wait until he woke around 10 ish for a feed and do an awake feed and straight back to bed.  When he didn't wake I'd lift him and do a nappy change, this woke him up for a 10.30/11pm feed and he went straight back down to sleep, so it wasn't a DF but worked well for us and that's how we continued right until the DF was dropped.
Ideally you'd want her to stay asleep for the DF rather than wake her.

hth xx